Lafayette staircase

Vanessa

:lol: Two years ago my daughter and I started building a Lafayette kit that she had bought me as a birthday gift. However when it was half built it was packed away because we intended to move. In the end we did not move, but somehow I have lost the instructions. The main part of the house is built but I cannot get the staircase right, it is the spiral one and I have a box of pieces and no c;ue whatt o do with them.

ANy brilliant folk out there willing to help me out :hide: ????

Incidentally any instructions need to be in the idiot mode as I am easily confused these days :thumb:

Hey.........I've got the instructions for the Lafayette.......I have an open box (bought it that way) but haven't started the house yet.........

I took a pic of the pic that is on the instructions....but not sure how good they will show.......but the directions read

"Locate Staircase Treads and Risers )LF-1,2,3,5,7,8). Locate 1/4" Dowel. Cut dowel to fit between floors. Assemble as in Figure 19. It may be easier to make Tread/Riser assemblies before assembling the whole staircase. Be sure to sand off the burrs before asembling. Some height adjustments may be required."

That's it! lol

post-700-1160229967_thumb.jpg

Oh okay great!

My daughter Holly is in Toronto for the weekend, and shes cleverer than me (not hard I know!) so when she comes back I will show her and she can help me with it......hey why not I do her laundry lol.

I have found that this Dura craft house is not as easy as the real good toys one, which truly is for the carpentry challenged (me)

Eventually it will be an antique shop, with the owner, Mr Smallbones living upstairs in his bedsit apartment.

address? Smallbone's Antiquities and Curios, number three, Frogpond Lane.

:thumb:

Thsnks for your help

Vanessa I have the lafeytte too, I just havent started building it yet. If you want I can fax you a copy of the instructions on monday when i go to work. just pm me if you need me too :thumb: