Looking to replace some tiny items

HerOdyssey

Okay, so some years back I went to a minis show in Andover, Massachusetts, and I bought some lovely things there. Amongst those items, I found a set of knives that were purportedly german. They were perfect in detail and construction. The blades were metal, the handles wood, they looked 100% real. The set must have had at least 7-8 knives, including a french knife, filet knifr, paring knife, cleaver... I had made a little butcher block and had constructed a little rack on the side where the knives could be stored--and had put a little hand-made basket, perfect in every detail on the shelf under the butcher block; it was full of my fabulous 'fresh' polymer clay produce that I make. Someone knicked my butcher block from a display, knives and all.

I cannot seem to find similar knives anywhere, and I have a new and improved butcher block (sans pretty basket) waiting for a new set of knives.

Anyone have an idea where I might re-procure something as good or similar?

Someone knicked my butcher block from a display, knives and all.

That's really a crying shame!! :D Why do people think it's okay to do things like that?!! :lol:

Anyway, do you remember the name of the vendor or manufacturer?

I'm afraid I don't remember anything. I remember the location of the vendor's table, and how it looked, and how much beautiful stuff she had--She had bespaq and a host of other very fine miniatures. She was in the center area of the room, towards the entrance. I do know she's been there more than one year, but I live in Oregon now, so going to that show again isn't an option right now. I know the vendor had a website... I just can't remember the name.

As a side note, that's the first time I saw merchandize from Aquisto Silver (http://www.acquistosilver.com/)... Oh my god... that man is a genius. There was also an elderly gentleman who was selling hand-crafted furniture in hardwoods, gorgeous period pieces with inlay and carving. Each piece was selling in the hundreds of dollars, and rightfully so! The Andover show has some incredible vendors.