The Idiot of the Hour Award goes to.....

AllThingsMini

You know? I figured the Buttercup kit, being as small as it is, would be pretty straight forward when it comes to its assembly. Yes, I followed the directions for the first couple of steps to get an overall 'feel' of its construction, but from that point I figured I could take the steering wheel on my own. Afterall, I've been building dollhouses on and off for over 10 years now! It can't be too difficult, right? B) :huh:

I carefully set aside the acetate windows so they wouldn't get scratched before I needed to put them in and happily went onward sanding, filling, and gluing. Walls went up, floors went in, ceiling went on, primer/sealer was applied, spray texture was sprayed, and all exterior window and door trim was finely executed. At this point I was pretty proud of myself. Even the paint colors I chose have made the little structure look exceptional. :D

Ok, time to put the windows in. Now "where is the interior window trim?" Hmmmm. So far, I've only seen two pieces of it. Well "Golly Beav", there are more than two windows, there must be more trim! Lets look through all the parts sheets another 3 or so times just to make sure I didn't miss anything. Nope, not there. But lets look through them one more time...just in case. Nope, still not there. Hmmm. Wait! Maybe I threw them out by accident!! Lets dig through the garbage can a few times! Shoot, not there either. :D Tick Tock. Ok, lets look at the picture on the box, shall we? It's been decided that there's no more interior trim; just the ones I already found for the two side windows by the door. Well how the heck am I supposed to hide the edges of the acetate windows when I put them in? I can't have my acetate edges showing!! :angry:

Oopsie! Methinks I was supposed to put the acetate on "BEFORE" I put on the exterior window and door trim!!! B) At this point, I've already applied several coats of paint and am highly disgruntled at what I'm thinking I'm going to have to do. <heavy sigh here> :( <oh heck, another heavy sigh> I go for my exacto knife and gingerly pry off, just enough, my beautifully painted window and door trim. :( Ohhh, this really hurts. In goes the acetate, and the trimwork is reglued back in place. I'm presuming (just a hunch here ;) ) that the directions fully explained this process, but I didn't have the heart to go back and check them to see.

Ever experience this before, or am I just "special"? :p

Oopsie! Methinks I was supposed to put the acetate on "BEFORE" I put on the exterior window and door trim!!!  :(  At this point, I've already applied several coats of paint and am highly disgruntled at what I'm thinking I'm going to have to do. <heavy sigh here>  :huh:  <oh heck, another heavy sigh>  I go for my exacto knife and gingerly pry off, just enough, my beautifully painted window and door trim.  :D  Ohhh, this really hurts.  In goes the acetate, and the trimwork is reglued back in place. I'm presuming (just a hunch here  B) ) that the directions fully explained this process, but I didn't have the heart to go back and check them to see.

Ever experience this before, or am I just "special"?  :angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I DID THAT!!!! But only on that side bay window! The others I put in before-hand, but not the bay window. Dunno why ... just didn't.

Marie, you have a wonderful way with words. As I'm reading, I'm thinking she has to be talking about me. How many times have I done just that very thing? In fact, on the Jefferson, I glued all the windows in and a beautiful paint job and found out that this was a new way to install windows, one window up and one window down, one inside and one outside on thirteen windows. Talk about upset, I almost cried. But I keep coming back!

Wendy