Furniture Kits??

Anette

What do you guys think of the Greenleaf furniture kits?? Have any of you build one?? I'm curious to see what they come out like. If anyone has pics please post. I'm not sure if I should buy the kits for my house or I should buy already made ones from miniatures.com. They have some really cute already made ones!! :blink:

Well, I haven't done the Greenleaf furniture kits myself, but I do have several pieces that my grandfather made several years ago, and I love them. I've completed a few Dura Craft furniture kits, House of Miniature kits, and I have an old SkilCraft furniture kit I found on ebay. Unfortunately, I don't have many pictures of my furniture yet, but I will post them soon!

If you want very personalized decor, and you're willing to put in the time and patience to finish and upholster them, they are a blast to build and the results can be very rewarding. But if you would rather spend more time on the house, there's a ton of fantastic pre-built furniture to choose from!

I have built both the Greenleaf brand furniture and the Corona furniture

I like the way the Greenleaf furniture goes together...seems sturdier for children to play with

The corona furniture has more style(but for the kitchen) but I found it to be less sturdy and I found myself being creative in making it so.

like using the cut out on the bed under the vanity...no I dont have any photos of what I did to which peice

because I didnt think of it till I had given the house away.

I also have made the duracraft kits and found them to be plain(but for the kitchen...love their stove style)

but the squareness of it makes it a bit easier to cusion.

now as much as I like this furniture...when making something as a keepsake for myself I want the HOM kits

LOVE them

but since most of the house that I give away go to little girls I always use the Greenleaf or Corona kits.

they are easy to do and can be made to look as nice as you want with a little imagination.

if you browse my webshots...you will find several houses with kit furniture

Willowcrest---30 Peice Greenleaf---best kit of all time IMHO.

Newberg----duracraft kits

the Westville---corona

coventry cottage----furniture came with the kit

I also like the shenendoa kits but they are hard to find

hope some of this rambling was helpful

nutti :blink:

Nutti, your pictures really helped! The willowcrest is a beauty. I think I'm going to try the greenleaf kits. There on sale at Joanns.com and I also have a free shipping coupon. So it comes out to about $14 for 2 sets :blink: That's not bad!

I have ordered the Greanleaf furniture kits, they havent arrived yet, but the price is pretty good from what i have seen. I think 6 rooms for 40 dollars or something like that. After I get them and assemble them, not to mention stain and upholster, I will post the pics.

John

JohnC, that's awesome! I can't wait to see. I'm still waiting on my 1st house too. As soon as I get everything and start building, I'll be snapping photos and posting my progress... :blink: