If you want to print an image on Fabric

maresiedotes

I just finished printing on a very thin piece of cotton, and the image came out perfect!!!

It's plain fabric, no nubby stuff. I sprayed it with spray starch A(heavy duty kind) and let the starch soak in for a few minutes. Then I ironed the fabric until it was dry and stiff, just like a piece of paper. It was already cut to the correct size, so I put it into my printer, just pressed "print" and voila!! A perfect image on fabric! I'm thrilled!! I do realize that this image is not fixed and that water will make it run, so I promise I'll be careful. :D)

Thanks for the tip! I've always ironed it on to freezer paper or attached it to an 81/2x 11 label to run it. Had no idea you didn't need to do all that.

Y'know there is some sort of spray? or brush on? that you can use to fix the colors on the fabric...think it's called jetset or something like that -- available at quilter's supply shops.

Y'know there is some sort of spray? or brush on? that you can use to fix the colors on the fabric...think it's called jetset or something like that -- available at quilter's supply shops.

Thanks, I'll try that!

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to give it a try.

-Susanne

Good luck! I imagine it would be great for printing out a "quilt". I'm saving the idea for later. :D

It's called Bubble Jet Set. You can get it at quilting shops or online. Here's a nifty FAQ about how to use it.

Deb