Corona Furniture Kits?

nikki

I am thinking about using the corona furniture kits for My daughters Pierce, since this seems to be the simplest and quickest way to have the entire thing furnished. I am wondering, however, just how detailed the pieces are. For instance to the cabinet doors in the shelves in various rooms open? Do the fridge, oven, and dishwashers, etc. open? Thanks for any help!

n

hI-

i HAPPEN TO HAVE TWO OF THESE KITS IN MY STOCK, THE KITCHEN AND DINING ROOM. iT DOESN'T LOOK TO ME AS IF THE DOORS OPEN ON ANYTHING THOUGH.

If you wnat these, you can have them at my cost since they're for a little one. (I'm a retired teacher). They are a little heavy. I'd have to check on shipping by your zip code. I'll send them Parcel Post to save you, if you want.

The kits were $3.00 each or thereabouts.

Hope this helps. :o

this type of kit furniture does not have the opening doors but in my opinon its just as well if they will be played with by small hands.

I made the 30 peice Greenleaf set for The Willowcrest I gave to my BGF and her 3 girls...10,7,4 and in a years time only 2 things were broken....and since kit furniture was used no harm done.....my friend says she doesnt know why I run down HER furniture...it looks great! B)

if I were you I would use the corona furniture....I have theyre sets and they look so good....

nutti :o

I just started on the Corona furniture kits. As Nutti says, the doors don't open. These kits are intended to be easy to assemble, and they really are. (I have the toilet together, and the major hold-up was getting the cat to stop helping.) The Dura-Craft kits you'll also see out there also don't have opening doors.

Depending on how you want them to look, there may be a lot of sanding and filling in your future. (I want that toilet smooth, darn it! Unsurprisingly, it's a lot of work to get flat pieces of wood to act like rounded pieces of porcelain.) There are two big pluses, though. (1) No little parts to break or be swallowed. (2) You can have exactly the color scheme you want.

If I were doing a little girl's house in pink with these kits and wanted it girly, I'd go hogwild with adding details like ribbon roses or stickers. (Guess what! You may be spending quality time at your local craft store! They will love to see you coming!) Because it's a kit and relatively inexpensive, you can do everything from all those DIY home shows on HGTV and TLC, without risk.