BUild a castle

fairymom

I know i already posted this topic but i am a computer idiot and posted it in a different area, anyway, i will post it again here, i'm sorry if it's not allowed, i'll be more careful next time...

Hi everyone!

This is just a reminder that we are starting to build our castles on July 1st! If you are planning, have planned or ever thought it would be fun to someday build a castle NOW is the time! we are using the 1/2 scale castle , i don't know the maker or brand but I got mine from Tracy -Minis on the Edge and it looks like a fab kit -thx Tracy! (maybe you still have time to order one ) but if you want to build your own from scratch or have one you've been meaning to finish hop on board!

We'll start opening our boxes on July 1st and jump in! we'll keep each other posted about where we are, what we are doing, any tip or ideas and how much fun we're having. Let's not forget to take and post pix along the way! Remember, this is not a race or competition! i just think it would be so fun to work along with a bunch of cool and creative folks on a similar project. i am looking forward to it because even if we all start out with the same kit, we are all such wonderfully different people! i cant wait to see how they all come out!

Charlene, still on board? I, for one, am really looking forward to this ! i've been collecting odds and ends for the undersea castle all week!

anyone else want to join us? I think Tracy's in too? -Holly

OOOOOOOOO I got one!

Tracy gifted me with this kit when we met in Chicago.....if I have my Lily done I want to join in!

but I also have a Buttercup build that needs to be done by Aug for my other gran. she is very excited about recieving a house from me and I am going to paperclay it for her.

I also want to paperclay the outside of my castle!

I have a pewter wizard for the first occupant.

where will we be posting our progress and photos?

nutti :)

I was thinking that we could post here or in the castlesandcaravans forum, then when we are finished we could post a picture in the community projects. where do you think is the best place and should we have a thread dedicated to it or just make random posts. i've never done this before so i hadn't really thought of the logistics. i would really appreciate advice, i hadn't thought past the excitment of building together -holly :)