The Heritage 560

kfkelly

I just started this house, and while I really like it, it is very tricky! (Way over my pay grade!)

Is there anyone else working on it or finished one? I found two sites that showed building it and there were some great suggestions, particulary with regard to warping and whether to keep the stairs. Just wondered if anyone else had any info or suggestions.

Kirsten

• 9 months later...

Kirsten,

My first house was a Heritage that I found in a very lovable condition. The roof was off the house and I later found that a couple of interior walls were gone. Only after I posted pictures of it on another site did I find that it was a Heritage. Someone suggested doing a search for Heritage and I did. Some left the steps like they are in the kit. Mine were falling apart and I didn't use them.

Realize your first post was in January and so I don't know where you are in the construction but I still suggest you check out online for pictures of what others have done. You will get ideas from them.

I have attached two pictures showing the before condition. All the rest of my Heritage pictures are on Facebook if you are interested. post-5961-1289864718_thumb.jpg

post-5961-1289864677_thumb.jpg

Dolores

Hi Delores! I love the wallpaper in your Heritage - really pretty. I finished up mine and posted pictures in my gallery if you want to take a look. I had a ton of help here when I was building it, especially with the roof lines and warping. But I really liked the way it turned out. Such a detailed and pretty house. I ended up not using the stairs and ladder too - gave me more room for furniture, but the bathroom was on the third floor - now that didn't work out!

Kirsten