Alison Jr.

Just One More

I have the Alison Jr all put together, outside finished, etc., but now can't decide how to place the walls inside. I have the first floor wall in, with the kitchen on the right. There is not much room for furniture in the living room because of the stairs. Upstairs I've moved the walls several different ways but can't decide how to put them. I like the second floor stairs not to be right in the bedroom so thought the second floor could be a sitting room by the stairs. I made a door onto the porch in that room. I thought about putting the wall right above the kitchen wall with a bathroom and wardrobe dressing area to the right. The third floor could be a large bedroom with the wall closer to the stairs with a good sized landing. I don't want to glue the walls until I have it just right. I don't see any pics in the gallery of this house. I guess the walls don't have to be glued. They fit pretty snuggly. Has anyone done a house with movable walls like this and not glued them? I also made the stair holes longer as there was no "head room" for my Victorian grandparent dolls who will live in this house. Grandpa especially would have had to crawl upstairs. :p

I have the Front Opening Alison Jr. The 1st floor I aligned the wall w/ the tower side. It makes for a small room but it doesn't fit tight enough to be placed any where else. 1 reason for this was because I didn't get the joints between the 1st and 2nd floors tight enough when I built the shell. The 2nd floor fits snugly equally spaced between the rooms. I think I would glue the walls in place just for ease of mind. There are pics of these areas in my album type in james dean album is called wall placement for Front Opening Alison Jr. I hope this helps you. :p

Edited by james dean

Hi, The front opening Alison looks a lot different. I've only done one house that had a partial front opening section, the Green Acres by RGT. I just painted the entire inside so the wallpaper will stick. The floors are scored and at first RGT was using wood veneer but now it's like vinyl and I don't like how it looks. I had to paint it and then antique it because it wouldn't take the stain. The plain MDF takes stain but not this stuff they are using now. I like how the windows go together in this house. I think I'll go with the large bedroom on the third floor, sitting room and bath on the second and just deal with the tiny living room on the first floor. I'd love to get the pull-down attic stairs to go to the roof but they are too expensive so maybe I'll just do a faux opening and a ladder. Thanks for answering my post. I have to have my daughter help me with getting pics in my gallery. Last time she was here she organized all my stuff and now I can't get the pics to go where I want. I'm not good at all with computers. :p