Harrison Inside - Before

sparklepuppies

Notice the bay/tower windows? Only one of the panels is put in correctly, the others are upside down...

From the album:

Harrison Rehab

· 3 images
  • 3 images
  • 0 comments
  • 7 image comments

Recommended Comments

I found a Harrison on Craigslist for $10, a few years ago. In it's former glory (early 1980's) it was a blue ribbon winner in a California dollhouse show. It came with all the furnishings, lights, accessories, books and magazines, etc. Some pieces needed needed repair, but for the most part, in good shape. The house was a mess though. Mud Dauber nests and mud, broken or missing trim and shingles. When I picked it up, the owner said she had carted it around with her to several states and was getting ready for another big move. As proud as she was of this former beauty queen, she just had to let it go. I am so grateful to her for the opportunity to refurb that house. I learned so much about wiring the house, rewiring lights, cleaning, striping...all of it. It now has a home with one of my "young-at-heart" friends. Her and the house are very happy together. Enjoy your rehab. I look forward to watching it blossom.