Jump to content
  • entries
    89
  • comments
    21
  • views
    101,637

September 15, 2005


Guest

338 views

I spent some of the morning picking up itsy bits of sandpaper off of the floor when the pan I had the leftovers in spilled; then I spent the rest of the morning cutting out more of them. I glued the first course of "bricks" across the bottom edge of the front opening and then up & down from there. Going around the corners was interesting. After that "bricking" the back was easy-peasy.

Cutting the tiny bits of sandpaper stressed the arthritis in my hands, so for breaks I Installed the left wall and the partial left and right back walls, and papered the lower partial right back wall.

blog-242-1127871014_thumb.jpg

Once more the finished "brickwork" glowed with more-than-Oriental splendor; a raw umber wash followed by drybrushing white onto the damp surface & blotting it with a soft rag did the trick <_< I installed the back and as soon as the surround is dry I can install it.

blog-242-1127871125_thumb.jpg

I've been studying Patricia King's Dolls' House Fireplaces & Stoves to see which one I'd like to make for the niche; so far a modified "Gillette Oven" is in the lead.

complements of havanaholly

0 Comments


Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...