A New Photo Album

AllThingsMini

On a whim, I went looking for more options when it comes to online photo albums. I did find one that, so far, I really like. It's called MyPhotoAlbum.com. Like Webshots, there's a free version and a paying version. Like Webshots, you can't hotlink any of your pictures. Here are the pros and cons that I've seen:

PROS

1. You can personalize it; i.e. color choices, album style choices, themes, etc.

2. They have a "slide show" feature; which I really like.

3. There is absolutely NO limit on how many photos you can store.

4. The paying version is ONLY $10.00/year. That's about .80 cents a month!

5. The paying version opens up TONS more personalization features to you like themes, for instance. If you want your photo album to have a holiday theme at Christmas time, you can!

6. You can "share" your album. This means that you can allow your great Auntie Betsy that lives 3,000 miles away to upload photos to your album for you to view. (You can do this with any software I suppose as long as Aunt Betsy has your username and password tho)

7. There's a Message Board for technical help if you run into problems.

8. The capability of ordering prints from your photos at a price as low as .18 cents each.

CONS

1. Still can't hotlink your images. There are other softwares out there that will let you, but they cost about 3 times as much.

2. You have to set your security levels on your puter to accept Cookies or you won't be able to Edit various album features.

3. In order to keep your acccount, free or not, you have to remain a Member in Good Standing. This means you have to order at least one print from your album every 365 days.

4. Only the creator/Admin of the album can download album photos to their computer and it's only if you have the paying version.

I went ahead and ordered the paying version for a year to give it a test drive. So far, the pros outweigh the cons. I'm not getting rid of Webshots just yet though. I want to see what happens over the next year. I absolutely LOVE the personalization features.

Here's the link to my new album: http://allthingsmini.myphotoalbum.com

Let me know what you think!

Marie -- it's a nice site. I will be interested to read your progress as you use the album. I, too, would like an inexpensive but full-featured website.

:lol: