Stairs, Doors, Windows and Bathrooms etc

wonderwizzy

Some things that are mandatory, a kitchen, a parlor, a dining room, bedrooms, etc. A bathroom isn't all that mandatory. Stairs are, they can''t fly!lol!

The more 'real' it is, the better. I grew up in houses and in places where it is a common thing to see worn treads on the stairs, chipped paint on the kitchen door, or mud tracked in the porch. I like houses that imitate real life, and that includes the temporary clutter and mess that we all make in our everyday lives. Houses that are too 'picture-perfect' as I refer to it, really don't interest me--the accessories and furnishings should tell a story, like the little people. Was that great grandma's rocking chair, or Dad's pipe? I sometimes see houses that take realism to the extreme, but forget the charm of items situated as if the person has left the room for a minute, etc.

This has been a fascinating thread. We have a lot of different ideas for our houses, but the common thread is that we all want to tell a story. I love it!

:D