ok. Lighting?

nikki

Nikki..... you might manage to light your house without buying a kit.. I did mine by getting a bunch of lights... or just the bulbs which come with their own bit of double wire. I bought a roll of the wire and just joined the lights (or bulbs) to two longer pieces of wire and led each out the rear of the house.... The trick is to hide the wire... so you try to do this before finishing decorating... or before putting on the baseboards. When you have a whole lot of wires coming out the back you attach each pair to a little plug... you can buy packets of two prong plugs and putting in the wire is easy. Then you get a long socket strip..... which attaches to your transformer... then you just plug in whichever room you want to light up... This allows you to have as many lights as you want, even though your transformer will only accomodate a certain number... After all real houses dont have all their lights on at once....

So you need..... as many light fittings or bulbs as you want, a roll of the twelve volt wire, a transformer, a packet of plugs and a socket strip.... Well actually it sounds like a kit after all hahahah

My first house only has two sort of circuits.... one with the top lights and one with the fires and sidelights and all the wires are just twisted together... but I got a soldering iron for Xmas and my Wobbly Cottage has the system sort of described above.......

My fires are usually just a bulb with red and orange sweety paper crumpled on top....

Good luck with whatever system you decide on.

Mariaskid