ANTEBELLUM PLANTATION PLANS - NEED MORE INFO

marleyminis

I am new to the forum and not quite sure if this is where I should post my question. If it is not the right place, please direct me to where I should be. Although I have only just started building my first dollhouse (from a kit), I am thinking ahead to my next project and the project after that. LOL. I really want to build an antebellum plantation dollhouse and I have come across a set of plans for one by Jack Cavender on a couple of sites. Problem is there is only a pic of the front of the house and the description says it has 8 rooms and central hallways. I really want to see a pic or more of the interior before ordering the plans. Also, at least one site implies that the plans are in book form but I have not been able to very this. Any information, links or pics that you can provide regarding these plans would be most appreciated. TIA.

Welcome to the forum. I have these plans, ordered them off of ebay. They are actually large blueprints (about 5 pages) they fold out. Unfortunately there is not a picture of the inside, only on the blueprint but there is a floor plan on the back of the envelope. There is in fact a central hallway. Looking at the front of the house there is a large entry way which leads upstairs to another central hall. On each side of the hall there is a room and again on the other side of each chimney, both upstairs and down. So basically you have room, chimney, room, hall, room, chimney, and room. Each room has a fireplace, so there are eight.

The floorplans on my envelope show the following: (looking at the front of the house, from left to right) Library and parlor are separated by a central fireplace. Then you have the foyer/hall, dining room and then kitchen on the end. Upstairs shows a guest room, sitting room, hall, bedroom, and then bathroom. The house is enourmous, 23"d x 59"w x about 22" h.

There is a house listed on ebay that I think may be the plan. It's a finished house and there are several listed by the same seller. If you do a search under dollhouse miniatures for houses you'll find it. It's done in stone I believe.

Anyway, I wish I could post a pic for you, if I find the ebay house I'll post the link. I don't think you'll be disappointed if you buy the plans.