Window Glue for Harrison

Karen99

You are too kind Holly. I had no intention of doing all this...but once I got it home, and seriously once I found this group, I was hooked! I am not sure I would ever build one from scratch. You are the true craftsman/artist here.

Back to the spackle...

• 3 months later...

I have a slim, thin, tapered and small cake icing spatula that is great for taking things apart. A paint pallet knife is also great but it must be pushed straight-ahead  only, not sideways or the knife part will break off from the stem.  I invert an iron or use a hair dryer to heat it and the hot knife cuts through glue no matter how long it has been there (not epoxy, silicone, or super glue, though).  An iron or hair dryer can heat a joint or a part too to soften the glue but go slow to not scorch the wood or paint, and stay away from plastic panes if they are to be reused.

A hot knife or x-acto chisel is also the easiest way to gently scrape glue residue from wood

Edited by doc

On 8/21/2024 at 8:02 PM, doc said:

I have a slim, thin, tapered and small cake icing spatula that is great for taking things apart. A paint pallet knife is also great but it must be pushed straight-ahead  only, not sideways or the knife part will break off from the stem.  I invert an iron or use a hair dryer to heat it and the hot knife cuts through glue no matter how long it has been there (not epoxy, silicone, or super glue, though).  An iron or hair dryer can heat a joint or a part too to soften the glue but go slow to not scorch the wood or paint, and stay away from plastic panes if they are to be reused.

A hot knife or x-acto chisel is also the easiest way to gently scrape glue residue from wood

A HOT KNIFE you're a genius!!! Definitely will be using this on my next rebuild!!!