11/18/05 Coffee or Tea?

Minis On The Edge

Which do you prefer, Coffee or Tea? With or Without Milk & Sugar? :o

I used to drink only tea (pepermint or orange spice were my favorite). Then I fell in love with hot coco. Recently, I have started making Coffee more often :wub:

Coffee with a cinnamon sugar pretzel sounds good to me right about now :D .

edited to add: We gotta add Hot Coco too!

I prefer tea to coffee, especially the Bigelow "Constant Comment" and the Stewart's Peach Mango teas. These are great--no sugar, milk etc., required! I just started drinking "coffee" recently--our company put in Nescafe machines that dispense a really tasty decaf cappucino. I could never handle real plain old coffee--too strong, too bitter!

I also like what I call "cocoa for grown-ups", those walmart/general foods vanilla cappucino mixes which are mostly sugar and milk stuff.

Tappy

My name is Holly & I'm a coffee-holic. Especially since we discovered the French press pot, which brew wonderful tasty coffee without bitterness. I like it strong (NOT bitter), black & without sugar. I love tea, hot or iced, without milk or sugar, also; although a bit of lemon is lovely. I'm especially partial to Earl Grey and lapsang soochong, but plain ol' orange pekoe/ cut black blend is just fine. Hot chocolate is the only way I can stand sweet chocolate, if the chocolate craving is too much I'll mix a packet of sugar-free/ fat-free hot chocolate mix with fresh black coffee & curl up with a video of mindless violence (love the "Lethal Weapon" movies :o ) and zone out.

I drink coffee like it was water, although when I am stressed or ill I prefer tea. I like hot chocolate as a dessert/snack type thing since it is so rich. I drink coffee sweet to cut the bitterness, but tea I like either way. Sorta depends on the type. I LOVE chai, especially the tea house type.

Definitely coffee. Strong brew with milk or cream. I love a dark french roast. Caffeine doesn't seem to bother me - I always sleep like a baby. My parents are British and immigrated to Canada, so tea was popular back home. I still enjoy an occasional cuppa, but prefer black tea brewed strong (3 or 4 teabags) with just milk.

Susanne

I love my first cup of coffee in the morning and my last one before bed. I've never had a problem with sleeping, thank goodness. I make my own special blend with regular coffee and just the right mix of Columbian. I take one spoon of sugar and cream. Ohhh, I think I shall go make one right now!

Wendy

I've never really cared for coffee except for once in a while I'll have a cup with lots of milk and sugar.

I prefer Red Rose Orange Pekoe Tea. When we moved down here I had to have my family send me a box because it wasn't available here. Now I can get it in my grocery store! Yay!! I like milk and sugar with this tea.

I also like some herbal teas like cranberry or gingerbread spice or blueberry with just a bit of sugar in them to take off the edge.

I also LOVE hot chocolate and marshmallows especially on a chilly wintery evening!

I too am a Coffee acholic especially this time of the year for me. I make about 4 :o pots of coffee a day between my husband and I and who ever stops in to visit. I prefer sugar and creamer in my cofee.

Lyn

I too am a coffee-holic. I cannot ever get too much of it. I will drink any kind of coffee or coffee drink (including espresso's and cappacinos and mochas) except de-caf. And I'll drink it anyway from black to with sugar and cream which makes even the most bitter coffee still good.

The only teas I like are when I can get someone from England to send me some DECENT tea since the stuff we have here in the states is lousy once you've had theirs. (but then they can't brew decent coffee. LOL!) Or one particular "medicinal" tea from Traditional Medicinals called "easy now" I love sweetened with just a bit of honey. It has a great spearmint flavor that even the "spearmint" teas don't match up to.

As for Melissa, I'll tell ya she likes both and which she prefers varies with her mood. She always uses creamer of some kind and a sweetener of some kind.

We both love hot chocolate or cocoa. But as a treat more than a beverage.

Darrell

My favorite, of course, is iced tea. :o That's a main staple here in Texas. I don't care what brand as long as it is cold and sweet! I don't usually drink coffee, but I have been known to brew up some just to have the smell of it in the kitchen. :D

Black coffee definitely for me. Strange until I got pregnant with my first daughter I didn't drink coffee at all or if I did it was a little coffee in my sugar and cream. But black coffee was what I craved and I haven't stopped since. I like tea and like Shutterbug it has to be sweet and iced.

My DH warns everyone not to talk to me until I've had my coffee and even the secretary at work (who doesn't drink coffee) makes sure a pot is ready when I walk in ( the last secretary we had even warned others not to bother me until I had had at least one cup) LOL So see I got it bad.

Peggi

I like coffee best and I usually drink it black. However, if I am out in a restaurant or something I sometimes put cream and sugar in it because they make it too strong sometimes. I used to drink iced tea but I can't anymore. On occasion I like hot tea, and sometimes I like hot chocolate, but mostly coffee.

My DH warns everyone not to talk to me until I've had my coffee

Peggi

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now that would be me too Peggi! And for heaven's sake, PLEASE do not ask me any questions before I've had my first cup of coffee!

Oy.. do I have to pick one? lol :o

My first favorite is Coffee.. it's so bad that I start to drool just smelling the coffee isle in the grocery store mmmmmm flavored coffees!!!! I'll drink it black or with cream and sugar (must be either both cream and sugar or neither) I'll drink it hot or over ice. Mmm Iced cappaccino :wub: yummy! I love it in the morning and right before bed.

I've always loved tea too - English or Irish Breakfast teas - both great! Earl Grey is yummy, Jasmine tea is a favorite and Iced tea - Oh and Tai Iced Tea!! Oh yea!!! And if I feel an itchy winter throat (like the beginning of a cold or flu) then its hot tea (orange peko or the like) with fresh grated ginger root in it and a spoonful of honey - a must have if one is feeling under the weather!

And on the rare occasion that I have hot cocoa it must have a spoonful of molassas in it :D yummm

-David

Strong black coffee for me too. I drink it all dayand even take a cup to bed and watch TV. But I usually drink tea while miniing. I 'll drink a cup or two with sweet-n-low. I like hot chocolate with a splash of butterscotch schnapps in it. Great in a thermos at a football game.

terri

I love any tea. No milk or sugar. Only time I like it sweet is when I'm sick. Unsweetened fresh brewed Iced tea has to be the ultimate favorite. I love going to visit down south, but I have to be careful. They love that sweet tea down there. I always get the first cup unsweetened then the waitress always asks if I'd like a refill. Never fails, next sip. :o Sweet tea. YUCK! :D I do like coffee once in a while. Flavored is best and always with cream. Love those coffee house drinks. I drink coffee when I'm socializing. Hot chocolate is for when we have a really cold day and I've been outside for a while. Like shoveling snow. UGH

I prefer tea, I could never drink Pepsi in the morning! :o On my USA-trip I loved to drink Cranberry Juice for breakfast! :wub: I like both - tea with and without sugar and milk and I love hot cocolate! :D

Tea is my favorite. I brew a large pot every morning and drink it all day. I drink it "naked", no additives of any kind and decaffinated. If there's any left in the pot come bedtime, it goes into the frig to become iced tea.

lyn (julygirl)

This is a great topic!

I and Chris & even Amanda love coffee. They drink theirs black, and I like sugar in mine. Amanda loves 'cold' coffee, and will even put ice cubes in hers.

We love tea also. My favorite is black pekoe tea, but the others here love the herbal teas, with honey & cinnamon, I can never keep cinnamon sticks and honey in the house for very long. Alot of times, instead of eating so early, we will sit own and have 'tea' with a pastry or two, maybe some apples, and this makes for a good snack instead of eating so early.

And don't forget the limes and the lemons! I can't drink tea with out either sugar and lemon or a lime slice! Especially with iced tea!

I am a tea drinker.....now. Used to drink coffee all day long at work, but sometime in the last two years I have come to dislike the taste. And I don't get the Starbucks thing. I love the smell of brewing coffee though. I drink hot tea in the morning to get me going, then it's iced tea at meals, sweetened with an artifical sweetner. But mostly I drink water, lots of water (it's a diet thing).

• 2 weeks later...

I am a coffee drinker Real perked coffee in a bucket size mug with half&half. This is my brain fuel

for a treat a Starbucks mocha

If it is hot real brewed iced tea with just a squeeze of lemon

and a hot weather special is a Starbucks mocha frappaccino

Ed