opened the box of the Tennyson. One sheet is missing.

MichelleG

That is such a bummer!

If you can figure out which sheet is missing, maybe someone will be sweet and trace the shape for you onto some paper and mail it to you. You could then go to hobby lobby and get some foam core board 1/8" thick and trace the shape onto that and cut it out :drool:

Foam core board. ok,, maybe I can even try to figure out the dimensions by the instruction sheet parts diagram. Some of the punch outs weren't punched all the way through,, making it really hard to get the slots pushed out.. I've broken my exacto knife blade!! And things don't fit very well together, hmm. This isn't easy. I'm off to a slow start with problems already. I almost want to junk it. Maybe buy another dollhouse kit sometime in the future. Put this on hold again. Sheeshhh!!

It's sheet #12 which has the first floor partition and the right side roof.. in case anyone has this dollhouse and could help me out.

Thanks Margarita for your help. I need all the support I can get. I can get downright crazy with frustration.. Aaaaghhh!!!!!! LOL

Michelle

Lots of sharp exacto knife blades are a necessity! The punch outs OFTEN aren't punched through and a good sharp box cutter is a must for the really big pieces, or they'll break for sure. I think the fitting together is always a challenge at the first go-round...seems like things never seem to fit just right. Then almost magically it all comes together..

and when it doesn't, some foam board, wood putty, and a few choice words seem to work! :drool:

((and when it doesn't, some foam board, wood putty, and a few choice words seem to work! ))

Thanks Ann, the choice words,,yup! lol Thankyou for letting me know it's not just me. And it will all fit together eventually. Whewww!! Ok,, so this is definitely going to be a challenge. Gotta find my camera and take a pic of me at work and the look on my face. lol

Michelle

Hi Corey,

Minime is going to email me a copy of the 2 pieces I need.. I hope that will work.

I would trace it on to foam core ? Or try to find the same kind of wood? what would you do?

Isn't that strange though,, that the #12 sheet wasn't in the box. Hmmm.

Just when I was getting all flustered and ready to give up.. You all come to the rescue. What an awesome group you all are!! Thankyou from the bottom of my heart.

(now come over my house and help me, will ya??? ) LOL

Michelle

The first Willowcrest that I bought had a piece punched out. I was lucky that there was another piece that mirrored it so I used that to make a pattern. I flipped it over to get it the right way and then traced it onto paper. My step dad bought a piece of luan that was the same thickness so he cut out the piece using the paper.

You could do the same thing if you get a copy of the pieces you need.

I never though about foam board but that would work too if you cant do the luan. (good idea ilovecats!)

I would trace it on to foam core ? Or try to find the same kind of wood?
If you're going to play with it, you can use the foamcore. If you let an unsupervised 3-year old loose with it, even 1/8' luan might not help!lol

((and when it doesn't, some foam board, wood putty, and a few choice words seem to work! ))

Thanks Ann, the choice words,,yup! lol Thankyou for letting me know it's not just me. And it will all fit together eventually. Whewww!! Ok,, so this is definitely going to be a challenge. Gotta find my camera and take a pic of me at work and the look on my face. lol

Michelle

If a picture of me was ever taken while Im building some of my houses, it would have to be censored. I get a wild woman. Even my husband walks very carefully past me, without making a noise.

I can feel your pain. I think the worse thing ever is to open up a box and a sheet is missing. Since it seems to be large pieces on that sheet, like a floor and a roof piece, I believe you can make them out of foamcore. It would be worse if a lot of small pieces would have come missing. Depending on how the roof or floors are, sometimes they are very similar to their other halves.

I can vouch for pieces that dont fit but eventually everything does come together. Remember that gaps and so forth are to be expected and can be easily fixed later on.

Minime (Pam)

thankyou so much for sending me the copy of #12. I can take it to the copy place down the street and they can enlarge it to true size for me , then I'll trace it on to some new wood or foam core. Perfect. Problem solved

Your awesome!!

Michelle

• 2 weeks later...