"Get LOST" Contest

arthur_lost.gif

Have you ever been watching a movie or TV show and said “Hey, that’s my dollhouse”? Well now is the time for that keen observation to pay off! Send me a PM with a list of which movies or shows that displayed a Greenleaf or Corona Concepts dollhouse along with the name of the house and the person with the most correct sightings wins! Since this contest combines dollhouses and entertainment, so does the prize! The winner will receive the world’s most popular dollhouse kit, The Arthur, along with a seven-disc DVD set of the first season of ABC hit series, LOST, which is arguably the hottest show on the planet!

Here is an example of how to submit a sighting:

1. Movie – Batman – The Arthur

2. TV – Angle – Episode “Smile Time” – The Westville

In the case of a tie, the winner will be drawn at random from the finalist. I’m sorry, but since DVDs are region specific, this contest is limited to North America (Encoding: Region 1). All entries must be submitted by Thanksgiving, November 24th and the winner will be announced soon afterwards.

A full list of sightings will be tabulated and shared with the community. Please keep in mind that this contest is meant to add a little fun to your day, so enjoy yourselves!

All right, I take responsibility for this idea. I guess that do to my situation (dollhouse manufacturer and TV freak), I might pay a little more attention to what house I saw where. The good news is that it probably won’t take more than a house or two to win! If nothing else, submit the two examples… it might come down to a random drawing!

Well, we do have 2 people who have found them in movies, soap operas so there ARE some who are excitedly "playing" along.

:D

Please don't list any other movie names here. They MUST be sent to me via PM.

Thanks all!!

Wow, I just got a huge list from someone. You guys sure are quiet about this :o . I see why Mini Man thought we did not have anyone interested. I have heard from 3 people who are playing along :D I won't tell (Since y'all are so quiet about it :o )

I'll play along as soon as I can remember which show/or movie I saw a Garfield in. I know I saw it cause I remember thinking I know that house. But for the life of me that's all I can remember. So its not from lack of trying, it's the brain not functioning. LOL

Peggi

I know what you mean. When I spot a dollhouse in a show/ movie it's "oh, good, there'ss a -------- " and go on watching the show/ movie & a minute or a year later I can remember that there was a dollhouse, but not which one.

I personally don't care for contests as a rule, but HBS gives kits just for entering, so nobody loses :D

All right, I take responsibility for this idea.  I guess that do to my situation (dollhouse manufacturer and TV freak), I might pay a little more attention to what house I saw where.  The good news is that it probably won’t take more than a house or two to win!  If nothing else, submit the two examples… it might come down to a random drawing!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I prefer this idea too... I watch alot of movies and see dollhouses from time to time but to put them together... OMG no way.

Ask me who played what character or what the name of a certain movie.. Sure LOL

I wish I had time to hit the video store and watch about 50 movies!! LOL I have to admit, I'm not much of a tv watcher either. I'm more a book reader. This is fun though - can't wait to hear the results of how many dollhouses (and the names of them) have been shown in movies and tv programs.

Susanne

I think I have a book with a Greenleaf Pierce/Annabelle on the cover. It is called "The Dollhouse Murders". It's a teen book my sister found for me at a book sale. (She keeps an eye out for any dollhouse/miniature books for me when she is at book sales!!) I scanned the cover to share, but I can't figure out how to post the jpeg! Could you please help, My Mini Shop?

So far I have a winner for this contest, unkess I get a new entry in sometime today. I will announce the winner this evening to give people a chance to send me a PM with there answers. Don't forget to add the three Mini Man gave you already.

;)

The winner is :

BarbN

This was her list of Greenleaf/Corona houses (she found many more other houses though):

TV: Friends Season 3 2004-09-15

- 320 - The One With The Dollhouse

Movie: Beacon Hill beside my entry for Movie: The Addams Family.

Movie : Batman : The Arthur

TV : Angel : Episode : Smile Time : The Westville

Movie: The Santa Clause- Lily & other houses at various states of being

built

Movie: Bicentenial Man-Robin Williams Magnolia

dh

TV: Charmed- Buttercup or Orchid

Please send your address to me via PM so we can send your LOST DVD season 1 and your Arthur kit!

Thank you to ALL who participated!

The winner is :

BarbN

This was her list of Greenleaf/Corona houses (she found many more other houses though):

built

dh

Please send your address to me via PM so we can send your LOST DVD season 1 and your Arthur kit!

The winner is :

BarbN

built

dh

:blink: Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!! Wow! lol Can you tell I am excited?

Thanks Greenleaf and Tracy ;)

I had forgotten all about the contest until now...and came to congratulate the winner and found a huge surprise!

My Mom is a huge fan of Lost.....guess who will be getting Season 1 from Santy Clause? shhhhh it's a secret :p