I am getting another dh

heidiiiii

Hey,... that house looks familiar! I have a blue one under the worktable (former dining room table). A friend sent it for me to renovate/repair/finish for her twin grandboys! She started it for her daughter years ago, but never quite finished.

Have a great time with your new treasure!!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a lot of people suggest priming the walls before putting a house together, but there's something about an unadorned house that is nearly as appealing as baby seal eyes. Look at it, just waiting for your tender touch. Lucky little house! :)

I trimmed and successfully uploaded the rest of the pics of my goodies.

She is basically intact. There are some broken trim pieces (gingerbread) but all in all she has been sturdily put together.

I will never get the staircase off. It is glued there for eternity! I dont know what this dad used for glue but it aint moving! LOL

I am going to have to figure out how to work around alot of stuff.

She is an older Arthur. The dd is in her 20s now. Comparing weight and thickness of wood to my Orchid, this Arthur is bigger and stronger. She could beat up my Orchid! Oh yeah, the door is missing.

(Is the door and gingerbread for the Arthur on the same sheet Dean? Gonna need replacements)

This is going to be a give away house all. I want to pick a child from the Salvation army christmas tree and give her a dollhouse. I have from now until mid-December to fix it up and get some furniture together. All it will cost me is the price of a dh family (the cheap ones at AC Moore).

I am going to call their office to make sure it is okay since it is not a new in box present. It is very sturdy!

I may be asking for donations if I dont have enough stuff to outfit this house. It is going to be GIRLY GIRLY! Pink is the order of the day. I was thinking pink, green, and dashes of yellow and purple. and blue?

I have alot of dollar tree furniture and I have to go thru my stuff to see what I can add and fix up.

Any ideas will be appreciated. I want this to be a play with me house so I am not doing wallpaper..I think?

Going to go pm dean now to see if I can purchase the door, gingerbread, and I think maybe the front porch railing (section is broken) replacements.

This is going to be a give away house all. I want to pick a child from the Salvation army christmas tree and give her a dollhouse. I have from now until mid-December to fix it up and get some furniture together. All it will cost me is the price of a dh family (the cheap ones at AC Moore).

I am going to call their office to make sure it is okay since it is not a new in box present. It is very sturdy!

I may be asking for donations if I dont have enough stuff to outfit this house. It is going to be GIRLY GIRLY! Pink is the order of the day. I was thinking pink, green, and dashes of yellow and purple. and blue?

What a wonderful idea! I really hope the Salvation Army will allow it, but I don't quite see why they wouldn't. Some little girl is going to have such an awesome Christmas!

The furniture looks great Heidi, congrats again on all the good stuff. :)

That's a wonderful idea, and if the Salvation Army doesn't accept it you can always call some churches in your area and see if they collect toys for kids at christmas too.

You go girl, C O N G R A T S!!!!

yup! i know it'll be a wowzer when you've finished, and some child will know there IS a Santa Claus.

:wub:

i have two houses that i am wanting to do this with at christmastime too. it just sounds like so much fun to imagine the little girl's face on christmas morning. i was really hoping hobby lobby would have a half off sale soon.....

*succumbing to the vapors*

I have the first coat of poly on the floors down this afternoon. After lunch I want to work on the exterior some more.

Dean is sending me the things that are missing from the house. This is going to be a cherry house. The guy did a great job building it.

Heidi!

I am very much enjoying the progress you are making on this house!

I am going to do an Orchid this yr for my Christmas donation to the Police Christmas party for the kids. will you also be refurbishing the furnishings or find other stuff to go inside?

great colors on the outside!

nutti :yes:

Most of the furniture I will use, a couple pieces I want to keep..Hey, a girl has to get paid..LOL

Plus I have some odds and ends laying around that I can use.

Thanks Lynette. I cant wait to see what you do.

I did a little staging with some furniture. I want to dig out more of my stuff when I get the rooms completed. Just wanted to try and decide what each room is going to be.

Three rooms are papered and I am painting the kitchen. If the weather isnt so yucky today (hot and humid) I want to work on some of the furniture.

More pics in gallery.

I would love to be there when some lucky child sees their Christmas dollhouse! You're doing a lovely job with it, Heidi.

You and me both then Rosalind as this is such a lovley house! Thank you for sharing the process with us Heidi!

Hugs

Thank you all.

I wish I could be there when the child gets the gift. But this is usually a anonymous donor thing. I dont know, i guess I could ask.

I am decorating it for a lil girl in mind. I am not very keen on pink. I look at the house and it makes me think Hubba Bubba or Pepto Bismal. But Nat loves it and her two friends came over and were drooling over it and they are teen girls. So I guess I am on the right track.

I want to make window boxes but I have no clue (or handy capabilities) to do it. I see flowers in them. I have a month or two to figure it out. I have been digging in my boxes of goodies to see what i am going to gift to this house too.

I am glad you all are a part of this process too. You want to know something? I am THINKING of taking my Orchid.

And maybe re-doing it and give away TWO houses. But I have to see how soon I get done with the Arthur first.