What happens on my first day back to dollhouses? I end up in the ER

Ms. Mini

They say the worst accidents happen at home and I believe them! Do be more careful with the knives! But we've all tried to be careful and all have scars from making minis or other things!

Hope your injury does not get infected! Am hoping this with all my heart!

Wolfie

Ah...I have company in the walking wounded. I have a couple of nasty xacto cuts but the winner is the box cutter slit across the back of my hand - probably should have had stitches but made a homemade "butterfly" to keep it together and have kept it bandaged. And my toe is getting better after dropping about 50 pounds of plate glass edge on bare feet.

I have started wearing a glove with the fingers cut back to the first knuckle when using baaaadddd tools.

I think the xacto/box cutter blades are as sharp as surgical scalpes.

Take care --- and hope all heals well.

Good morning everyone B) I'm doing alot better today! Some of the swelling is going down and still no sign of infection. yay! 5 more days of stiches! lol. I am a little concerned with some possible nerve damange. something doesnt feel right in there. i know that might sound silly but it doesnt feel right. it is still VERY painful to move my finger. even the part that doesnt have stiches. and i get random sharp pains going down it throughout the day.

we'll see. im trying to stay positive! my goal is to be able to dive back into my dollhouse by this weekend!

It will heal fine, I'd start to worry when you don't feel anything in it. As long as there's feeling in it you'll be fine. I did that to my thumb trying to make a lil soap dish out of wood for my dollhouse with a razor. I sliced right through the tip of my finger (not nearly as bad as your experience). I got all light headed and almost passed out, and it didn't even hurt that bad. It healed up fine. Hurt for a while though. You'll be back to making mini's in no time *smile*.

Thanks everyone! im doing much much better! it still hurts, but the swelling is gone now :) im heading to michaels on my way home from work tonight to get myself some wood glue so i can start up again tomorrow! and my stiches get taken out on monday :)