11/11/05 Mini Idol

Minis On The Edge

Well, if I were filthy stinking rich I would love to take a class with James Carrington to figure a better way to make heads look like they belong on necks.

I would love to take a class with Alice Zinn to learn how to sculpt a realistic-looking animal & put fur on it.

And I would love to take a class with Rik Pierce because I have instructions to make a South Beach-type house that begs for paperclay to look like cochina stucco!

I'd like to take a furniture-making class from the Boorums & fit out a workshop with all the Preac power tools! :)

http://www.acquistosilver.com/

I've signed up for BOTH of Pete Acquisto's silver classes at the Igma guild school... don't know if I'll get them, but if I get those I'll be a happy happy camper.

http://www.creagers.com/

I'd love to take a course from Jodi and Richard Creager (art dolls), but will settle for getting their viedo series as a Christmas pressie.

Those are my top two... but the full list is about a million miles long. :)

http://www.creagers.com/

I'd love to take a course from Jodi and Richard Creager (art dolls), but will settle for getting their viedo series as a Christmas pressie.

As many times as I have been to this site, I NEVER noticed she had videos!!! Now I know whay I want to buy :) . I LOVE there dolls!!

Oh my, those dolls are so lifelike and beautiful! I've never seen such sharp features in a sculpted doll before . . . and the eyes . . . amazing!

It's unbelievable how talented some people are!!

Ohhh, classes, one can dream right?!?

Rik Pierce, Alice Zinn, The guys from Texas, David and Joyce (?) any of their workshops, Jamie Carrington, Angie Scarr, Jane Harrops, then there are all the dollmaking/dressing classes..........

And a lot more I am afraid but haven't in the head right now and I have only read/seen about them and would probably never get over here to Sweden either which is why it all of a sudden gets so much tougher.

Mini-hugs

ok I would like to change my answer a bit.

before I heard of Rik Peirce or saw his work my idol was Tracy

so I would be sooo very Happy to take a class by Tracy!

it was through Tracy I first heard of Rik and his magical hands!

it must be my love of castles and old stone buildings!

nutti :)

• 4 weeks later...

I am actually on a course with Jane Harrop at the moment. She is very talented. We are making a 1/12 scale cottage with accessories. Mine is looking great.

When it is finished I'll post some pics :D

Mini classes......ah to dream! I would have to say Bill Lankford, Rik Pierce, their landscaping abilities are simply awesome.

I have watched Jamie Carrington's videos recently, and he is excellent as a teacher. He makes dollmaking look so easy!

I would love to take Ladybug's Bespaq Baby house, I have seen it done and it is simply so wonderful, her classes are fun!

One major master miniaturist I would love to participate in her classes is Bluette Meloney...I have her video on faux and it is amazing how the faux techniques fit into miniatures so well.

One thing I have always wanted to figure out how to do is make dolls from paperclay. Some of the art dolls and playscale dolls in the doll magazines are made out of paperclay, that is really an art.

Alice Zin ... I'd love to do animals. 

Susanne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shalean,

Aren't Alices animals amazing? And have you seen her Addams Family stuff ? She got a commission to do lots of the items from the original Addams Family TV series for a minature collector - all I can say is "Wow" and "What fun!!" I loved that show and it was SO awesome to see the foot in the sword fish's mouth in mini! lol. What memories that brought back! :lol: I have one of her ravens - looking forward to using him in one of my houses!

-David

One of the joys of having a DS living in Charleston is being able to go to Miniature Memories out on Folly Beach Road where Joan has Alice's circus. She also had some of Alice's dogs, including the ones that bark! and some of her dolls. I have seen her peacocks at Ron's in Orlando, they are also perfect. One time on Small Stuff she described how to make a tassel doll for a dh, but I haven't seen any N-scale ladies that look like they want to part with their legs to become one.