Top Posters In This Topic

Best of luck to all entries!

And Happy October 1st !!!

Let the spooky movies begin, I so love the classics:

Swamp thing

Great pumpkin Charlie Brown

etc etc.......

And lets not forget the Halloween background on GL

Last year they told us a bit in advance that the site would be decorated, and lots of giveaways. THIS year the "giveaway" is a lovely Beacon Hill, and that site is all decorated, but there was never any suggestion that there would be more. I think Dean outdid himself last year..and I really didn't expect there to be a huge repeat..

although a halloween "skin" would be nice here, even if there aren't a bunch of prizes to go along with it! :D

Sigh...... Still no fancy backgrounds, no music, no hauntings, nothing.... I'm cold and I think I better get into something other than this flannie nightie I'm wearing!

Good luck to all today! I'll be curious to see who wins! (Secretly I hope it's me, but that's probably not gonna happen.....) And will be among the first to say congrats!

Rats! I have to dig in my closet for my halloween sweatshirt and t-shirts. Used to wear them at work during the last week before Halloween! What fun we used to have. The boss had a huge cauldren she would bring in that last week with treats and goodies for all of us, and on Halloween when we got to work there would be a fancy paper bag filled with treats and small gifts. The last year I was there I got a lovely witch candle in a resin candleholder, a halloween mug and candy galore - all sugar free as I'm diabetic. We had a witch for a boss, but she truly had a heart of gold. She did the same thing at Christmas and I have some of the loveliest things that I probably would not have gotten for myself. Sigh....remembering the work world......

Wolfie

The website does imply that the BH is the kickoff. If memory serves, the winners are not announced until around 11am-12pm est..that is what happened last year.

Gina, I was on the puter this morning ready for fun. Nat was getting ready for school (picture day) and she had to DRAG me away from the computer to curl the back of her hair. I was not impressed.

We could have giveaways...we could have a decorating contest...it could be just about anything!

I am jazzed. I am painting the Arthur and watching Flowers in the Attic on Showtime (free preview). Then I jump on here to look.

I am ready for anything.. October is my favorite month!

Heidi, this is my first Halloween here, and I truly hope it is not my last.....at 66 years of age, this excitement could cause most anything. I was fully prepared when this all started to not get caught up in the excitement, but now I feel like a little kid! My son has told me even to calm down! LOL

He called me this morning from Massachusettws and I was so excited about his call I almost fell out of my chair!

Anyway bring on Halloween! I'm ready! I've had 3 cups of coffee on an empty stomach and I'm ready for anything you can throw at me!

Wolfie

Natalies Birthday is October 28th. (i was hoping for a halloween baby) so this whole month is a big deal for us. (we also make a big deal out of Valentines day..Chelsea was born Feb 15th).

Decorations are hung, pumpkins are purchased. The one thing I will truly miss is the kid stuff. Making cookie lollipops in the shape of pumpkins, cupcakes for class, and the like. We would have a slumber party the weekend of her b-day and then trick or treat was right after.

I dont have to make costumes anymore, so this is my only October fun really.

Gina..breath in...breath out..breath in..breath out.

If it is like last year..You have 31 days to enjoy it.

Last year they told us a bit in advance that the site would be decorated, and lots of giveaways. THIS year the "giveaway" is a lovely Beacon Hill, and that site is all decorated, but there was never any suggestion that there would be more. I think Dean outdid himself last year..and I really didn't expect there to be a huge repeat..

although a halloween "skin" would be nice here, even if there aren't a bunch of prizes to go along with it! :D

Your soo right they did go all out last year. I can only imagine how long it took to do all the things they came up with and then when we took down the site having too much mini fun!!

Even just the chance at the Beacon is great for me.

Well that and spooky movies on AMC!

I'm all set

My only DD's birthday IS Halloween! She always has a ball during the month of October, and we always have a very large, family, Halloween costume contest on Halloween, and her birthday. It really is fun, and for all the kids, no matter what age. [it's much safer to do things like that these days, than taking kids out trick or treating].

Anyway, want to wish all of you good luck in the give away, and a very happy, haunted, Halloween month!

88smallerspookygoodtime.gif

Happy Hauntings and good luck to us all in the BH drawing!

I LOVE Halloween! Whatever Dean does, it'll be fun - I missed last Halloween here because DH was still battling the BP wars, but this year he's conquered it and I can revel in Halloween madness.

I made my kids' costumes every year and it was such fun - all they talked about all year long was "what I am going to be for Halloween."

Now everyone take a deep breath! Off to bend this 66 yr old body around at Curves so I don't rust over like the Titanic - I can't wait to see what happens here while I'm gone!

Carol

Good luck to everyone who entered the contest!

This is my first Halloween here, and I'm excited....even though I have no idea what I'm excited about exactly.... :D

My son's birthday is December 15th! I was hoping for a Christmas baby! However, we always did up his birthday really well and didn't put anything Christmas out until the day after his birthday. But we always left the things up until mid-January in keeping with my ex's Lithuanian background.

Wolfie

My birthday is Nov. 1st (the day after Hallowe'en). I was very disappointed that it wasn't Hallowe'en - until my Mum pointed out that Hallowe'en means the eve of All Hallows, or All Souls Day, which is Nov. 1st! I was happy to think I was connected to Hallowe'en after all. :D

Okay, am I the only one that is going just a teeny weeny bit nutty today?

I dont want to give up my seat not cause Chelsea is awake and will take over the computer! She cant! She just cant!

I might miss out on something.

Dean is toying with us. I can see him sitting at his computer monitor laughing his booty off at all us mini maniacs that are wasting a perfectly good Monday waiting.....for what?..I dont know.

LOL, NO you are not the only one !!!

I am sitting here with a can of pop and a bag of hard candy to keep me busy.... I must move the Victorias Farmhouse over to the dining room table so I can work on it and be within reach of the computer.!!

I was up at 5:30 this morning... my hubby just shuck his head.! He usually has to keep nudging me to get up ! but not this Morning !!

Kellee