The Traveler

MiniMadWoman

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, how many trick-or-treaters did everyone get? I got about 20 - 30 . . . I just love the little ones and always give them more!!

I don't usually get many but always have more than enough treats on hand just in case. Last night I had about 15 and just let them stick their little hands in the bucket of treats and grab out whatever they could. I agree Teresa, just love those little ones. Here's a picture of my 2 little grandsons all dressed up.

post-663-1193973866_thumb.jpg

Looking forward to hosting Thumper next :(

Well...Thumper is really a "World Traveler" !! I wonder if she gets a frequent flyer discount?? Anyone know how many miles she has traveled so far? With all the fun she is having, she may not want to go home !!

Have a nice day

I'll have more news about Thumper tomorrow when Shalean and Renee bring her back to me. I've got activities planned for her Saturday afternoon and Sunday. I'd written to Theresa asking for her approval to mail her on Monday morning, rather than Saturday morning. Our Post Office doesn't really move parcels over the weekend. I thought Thumper that since Thumper was with Shalean and Renee for a couple of days that she'd be more comfortable here with me over the weekend rather than sitting in a box at the Post Office.

When I "introduced" Thumper to Renee's teacher and classroom, I could see in each and every little girl's eyes that they were wishing that Thumper could be coming home with them. Renee enjoyed her 15-minutes of fame as Thumper was put into her hands! Being a Sunday School teacher (pre-school children) I know how to get the attention of a roomful of small children. I love being a storyteller, and shared stories (from Thumper's journal) of her adventures. Renee's teacher said she'd read them the journal in the afternoon.

I know that Shalean and Renee will look after Thumper very well. Missymew, in particular, is slightly miffed that Shalean and Renee's cats and even their guinea pig have had a cuddle with Thumper. Missymew is firm in her belief that no cat cuddles as well as she does. Apart from eating and sleeping, Missymew feels that cuddling is her purpose in life.

-Susanne

Susanne's pictures are posted in her photo album.

Everyone is just so darn cute! How did Thumper make out on Halloween night with the girls Susanne? I sure hope she's bringing home a bucket full of treats with her . . . LOL!! And I'm not talking carrot sticks! LOL!!

I bet Missymew will have a great weekend with Thumper cuddling and the like . . . I'm sure with all the fun she's been having, Thumper will more than be happy to sit and cuddle with Missymew for a few days before she heads out again.

Irene, your grandsons are so cute! The little ones just melt my heart . . . I always give them way more than the big kids!! Looks like Thumper will be on her way to you Monday morning!

Anyone know how many miles she has traveled so far?

Thumper has traveled 22,877.9 miles! :)

Irene, Looks like Thumper will be on her way to you Monday morning!

Thumper has traveled 22,877.9 miles! :)

Been collecting a few things for her. My husband and I went to NYC yesterday and I picked up a few things for her to bring home... :D

I've just sent off several photos to Theresa. Thumper is settled in for the night in one of the bedrooms of the Beacon Hill.

Renee just left about a half an hour ago. I showed her some of Thumper's online travel. She was especially interested in Kavita. I think she's finding the idea of this little rabbit's travels quite intriguing.

Kavita should enjoy the next set of photos as it snowed (abundantly) last night. Shalean and Renee took Thumper into their backyard and built a snowman .... or rather two. One adult sized snowman, and a mini-snowman. I explained the differences in time and temperature between where we live and Kavita's home in New Zealand.

By the way, Thumper is being held by the 2 girls. You might not quite recognize Thumper as she's wearing a fleece tiger coat. Hey, we need lots of warm clothing up here in Canada.

-Susanne

Boy they must build them tough down there. Is that Shalean in a tee shirt and short sleeve jacked???

Thought you said it was cold. :drool:

It was only -11 (-20 with windchill factor). I seldom wear a heavy coat, and don't own a pair of winter boots. When it's cold enough that you need a heavy coat, I prefer to just go from building to car to building.

I think Shalean was probably feeling warm from the exertion of building the snowman.

I mailed Thumper off this morning through Canada Posts' main postal station downtown. Her tracking number is CE 405 628 717 CA.

Her estimated travel time is one week.

She's tucked in safe and sound.

-Susanne

Her estimated travel time is one week.

She's tucked in safe and sound.

-Susanne

Oh Goodie goodie, :drool: I'll be watching for her, can't wait!

Susanne, Renee and Shalean! Thanks so much for showing Thumper such a wonderful time and for being so thoughtful in planning her visit! I'm sure she was sad to go, but as you know, she has many places to visit before she finally heads home.

The word Pen Pal comes to mind when reading about the girls . . . how fun would that be?!! Maybe they could even visit one day!

Irene, sounds like you're all ready for Thumpers visit . . . don't spoil her too much . . . she won't want to leave!! :drool:

I hope Thumper is keeping nice and warm on her journey. I tucked her into her little box all nice and cozy. I checked the tracking number to see where Thumper is, and here's what it said "international shipment has arrived in the destination country 11/06". So, as of yesterday, she's in Customs.

BTW, I've changed my avatar photo to show Thumper and Missymew cuddling.

-Susanne

I hope Thumper is keeping nice and warm on her journey. I tucked her into her little box all nice and cozy. I checked the tracking number to see where Thumper is, and here's what it said "international shipment has arrived in the destination country 11/06". So, as of yesterday, she's in Customs.

BTW, I've changed my avatar photo to show Thumper and Missymew cuddling.

-Susanne

Hi Suzanne,

I've been checking everyday to see if Thumper has arrived on my front porch yet...but nuttin. I certainly will give a shout out when she arrives.

SHE'S HERE!!!!! Wasn't expecting her til next week but low and behold there she was on my front porch late this afternoon :wave:

post-663-1194655378_thumb.jpg

Susanne she was packed very well, so cozy in there. But I must say she was starving...She wanted to eat this whole hershey bar. Thought it was just too much being it was the same size as her...but she wouldn't take no for an answer...very demanding like everybody has warned.

post-663-1194655473_thumb.jpg

She even wanted to eat our biscuits from dinner...

post-663-1194655601_thumb.jpg

Well we got a busy day tomorrow just had my wood floors re-sanded and I have alot of cleaning to do so Thumper better get to bed cause she'll be helping. :welcome:

So happy to hear that she made it safe and sound yet "starved" LOL. Hope she got a good night's sleep so that she will be able to help out with the cleaning!

Looking forward to seeing what adventures you will get into!!!!

Hugs

So today is Saturday and being Thumper had such a long trip from Canada I let her sleep in a bit. She just looked so darn cute sleeping. She wanted to sleep in the Garf attic bedroom last night. We'll see about tonight.

post-663-1194733462_thumb.jpg

Well I had a very busy day getting my kitchen back in order so after a quick breakfast I put Thumper to work.

post-663-1194734333_thumb.jpg post-663-1194733740_thumb.jpg

She was such a great help and for all her efforts I gave her a gift, a necklace with her initial on it. I think she likes it. :thumb:

post-663-1194733829_thumb.jpg

So now we are getting ready to go out to dinner. My neice is visiting from Florida and the whole family is going. Hope Thumper likes Mexican food cause that's where we're going. :thumb: Will have pictures tomorrow.

So today Thumper was tired again not from traveling this time, from staying out late last night! First we picked up my niece at the bus stop and then went to my sisters house where she met my nephews rabbit "bunny"

post-663-1194830396_thumb.jpg

Then we headed out to dinner. We had a great time at the Mexican Restaurant. My sister and her family joined us. Teresa, I tried to keep an eye on her but well she's just a party animal! First she wanted a sip of my Margurita..

post-663-1194829825_thumb.jpg

Next thing she's sipping Bills mexican beer :thumb:

post-663-1194830251_thumb.jpg

Don't worry she's okay...After dinner we drove my neice back to NYC. Thumper was so excited to see the city. We drove over the George Washington Bridge and past Yankee Stadium. I tried to take pictures but it was too dark and they didn't come out. :D But I did manage to get a couple of NY post cards for her to keep. :yikes:

Today she visited the Wedding Chapel and met Elvis.

post-663-1194830163_thumb.jpg

She had a good nights sleep in the master bedroom of the Garfield last night.

post-663-1194830517_thumb.jpg

Tomorrow she going to work with me and getting those teeth check out!

It's good to see that Thumper made it to her next destination. I'm glad to see that someone made her "earn her keep" !! Sorry that I haven't been on too much lately......Since I had my computer upgraded last month, it acts stupid !! I kept calling the shop that did the work & didn't get much help, so I went to 'visit' them personally on Sat.! They are coming to pick it up (again) tomorrow or Wed., so I may be offline a few days.

So , I hope Thumper's dentist visit comes out ok. Have a nice day all.

Steve