The Traveler

MiniMadWoman

There is no place like home, I know that Thumper have had a great adventure during her travels but I am also sure that she is sort of looking forward to get home again in time for Christmas!

Hugs

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone!

Well despite being sick with a very nasty flu and having computer problems, I am alive!

Sorry I haven't kept up to date with posting pictures, I'll be lucky if this message gets posted. I'm hoping to get all the pictures uploaded in the album sometime this week. It's been a little hard as well, because some pictures aren't being sent to me as requested, so it takes a bit of finaggling to get them into their proper place.

Thumper did make it home safe and sound and OH the stories she had to tell!! I've set her up by the Christmas tree with all her goodies and will post a picture soon.

Thanks so much to everyone for making Thumper's trip so wonderful! She's a happy traveler, but is glad to be home sweet home!

Teresa -

I'm sorry to hear you've been ill. Anytime is a bad time for the flu, but with all of preparations to be made for Christmas, it is a very hard time of year to be ill. I hope you're feeling much better and will be able to enjoy your Christmas.

Hugs

-Susanne

• 4 months later...

Perhaps it's just the teacher in me, but has anyone ever read the book Letters from Felix? It is a darling children's book in which Felix (also a bunny) travels abroad and "writes' letters to the little girl to whom he belongs and sends pictures and postcards depicting the great landmarks and places that he visits while abroad. Very cute book. Lots of ideas in book.

Perhaps it's just the teacher in me, but has anyone ever read the book Letters from Felix? It is a darling children's book in which Felix (also a bunny) travels abroad and "writes' letters to the little girl to whom he belongs and sends pictures and postcards depicting the great landmarks and places that he visits while abroad. Very cute book. Lots of ideas in book.

A few years ago I babysat a 4 year old girl most days, and often overnight. Her dad had to work and her mother was very very ill. They couldn't afford a babysitter and the mother had tried looking after her daughter from a mattress on her living room floor. When I became aware of this family, I offered to take Taylor when I wasn't working. I was working 2 days one week and 3 days the other week. Taylor and I became inseparable. I loved having my little companion with me. Unfortunately, Taylor stopped wanting to go home as she said "my mum is too sick to take care of me". She'd either hide or cling to me when her dad came for her. She'd refuse to take their calls when they phoned. Wisely, the family decided to move back to Ontario where the little girl's grandparents lived and could help the family.

Taylor found the move unbearable. She'd phone me several times a day, and then she mailed me her very special bunny. Since she couldn't live with me, she wanted her bunny to live with me. It broke my heart.

What I did was right a story about Fluffy and took lots of pictures. Just after Christmas (I'd had Fluffy for about 10 weeks), I mailed the book, Fluffy, and assorted friends that I'd gathered back to Taylor. She was thrilled.

Little by little I had to make the break so that Taylor would make new friends and settle in with her "real" grandparents. I'm going to have to go out and find that book "Letters from Felix".

-Susanne

My kids have done the "Flat Stanley" where you send him all over and have people take pictures of him. There's a book about him too. I found this link about him. The traveler always made me think of this cause my two oldest kids did this in school.

My kids have done the "Flat Stanley" where you send him all over and have people take pictures of him. There's a book about him too. I found this link about him. The traveler always made me think of this cause my two oldest kids did this in school.

Hmm Tracey I've participated in this too. Just wondering because the one I did came from Ohio....Wouldn't it be funny if we were in the same one? Prolly not but I never heard anyone else mention this before.

This particular one got started on another forum where someone said about reading a book about a photographer who took a red couch (sofa) all over the U.S. and took photos of it in different places. They said that it would be fun to send a mini 'something' around & get pics of it in your town. So far we sent around a bear, a moose, a rabbit, mouse twins, & I forget what all. We didn't stay in the U.S. & our travelers were all over the world. We saw other forums doing this, but had problems with the traveler getting 'lost', etc. So we had strict rules & never had a problem. It was fun !!

Steve

We can proudly declare that none of our mini travellers ever got lost. I think it was great the way we posted when our traveller arrived and departed. Postal tracking numbers were also very helpful.

I think that those of us who participated got to know each other just a little bit better through our travelling minis.

-Susanne

I think Flat Stanley was more of a school thing...so it may be too late because the school year is almost over. It's never too late to send another little traveler around. Anybody got a tiny someone who wants to travel?

• 2 weeks later...