Opinion needed...

CJEP

Table Choice  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which table do you like better?

• Wood tables
    • Silver tables

Ok, I finished my shell couches. I made them a bit big, but like how they came out. I am trying to decide between two different end tables. If I use the wooden ones, I will also use the matching coffee table and just do a regular hardwood floor made of coffee stirrers. If I use the silver ones (I may try to paint them), they light up and I will use the mariner's compass parquet floor in the middle instead of a coffee table. I got the silver "tables" at Dollar Tree today. They are suppose to light up those "glass" boxes that have shapes etched in them.

Which do you like better?

Option 1: Wood tables

Option 2: Silver tables

Great Idea for using those display stands! I have a couple of those!

I like the look of the silver tables and maybe you could fashion some sort of light for the tops of them put the batteries in and walla lighted table !!!!

Interesting use for the lighted bases. I love it when somebody finds a way to adapt items.

It's hard to tell from the angle of the photos, but do the silver bases look a bit large for the setting? The wood table arrangement seems to be a bit cozier and more user friendly for a beach cottage. I think the silver bases would look really cool in a 1920s setting as a formal sculpture/art display with some kind of crystal statuary on top.

If, as I assumed, you're going for realism, you would use the wooden tables in a cottage at the beach. Sea breezes will tarnish & etch your silver beyond all belief unless you're in a totally air-conditioned, sealed condo on the 20th floor, and then why are you at the beach in the first place?

However, in our little worlds of fantasy and perfection, you can have silver tables that will never tarnish, so go with what speaks loudest to you.

I also have a couple of the light bases, and hadn't thought to use them as tables - good idea!

For this setting, I prefer the wood furniture. I think it goes better with the couch, chairs, and stone fireplace. The silver tables look more formal than you'd expect at the beach.

Although the silver tables are really cool . . . I'd probably go with the wood tables. Perhaps you could paint them an off white for a shabby chic beach theme. Love your furniture!!

I voted for the wood tables. I think they suit a cottage/beach house wonderfully! (love the furniture by the way!)

I do think the silver tables would look wonderful in a more formal setting though!

Just my humble two cents :welcome: . As Holly stated, go with what "speaks loudest to you" as that's what you'll be happiest with in the long run.