my mini telescope

what2craftnow

OMG!!! I'm beyond impressed, that is outstanding!!!

I am amazed at the creativity you displayed to come up with the parts to make the telescope. I can't wait to see what else you conjour up! Awesome work!!! Keep it up!

Christine

Tracy, I meant to ask....checked your website...your houses are absolutely AWESOME!!!

I am always amazed by detail, and you certainly are into detail....and do it so very well!!!!

KUDOS!!!

But really, I had meant to ask, when looking at your web, I noticed you had been to Colleen Moore's Dollhouse...just wondering, did you get the chance to see the Thorne Rooms too?.....68 rooms of pure pleasure for any miniature people. I myself could stand there all day!!! lazy me...lol I discovered those too as a little girl who thought the castle was the best thing, then I found the "rooms""...WOW

Thanks for your kind words about my houses!

I went to Coleen Moore's Castle in May with 2 other members here on our forum one lives in Wisconsin the other in Chicago and we met up with our families and had fun! We were supposed to get together later on this summer & do the Thorne rooms but we haven't yet. I can't wait to go there as I am always rushed when I have gone there in the past (Was with school kids back then cause I used to work for CPS back in the day) :)

Holy Hannah! Chris that is magnificant! What a talent you have and you created something from bits and pieces that looks as nice (if not better) than the original!

My hat is off to you!

Wolfie

Chris ... the telescope is wonderful. Thank you for sharing your talents with us! :)

Hmmmm ... thinking about doing one in half scale for Capt. Bullrush. Every pilot house needs a telescope! Thanks for the inspiration.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful telescope - it is better looking than the $150 model, by far. Your tutorial is a masterpiece of clarity and I predict there will be many mini telescopes in forum members' dollhouses.

I sincerely hope this will be the first of many tutorials. You have a real gift for teaching.

Carol

• 10 months later...

<grinning> Okay, y'all are cracking me up coz I had just sent Chris a pm last night asking her if I could use the telescope tutorial in an upcoming issue of the Gazette. She kindly said yes and I did a major happy dance. We've got almost twice as many readers of the newsletter as we have members of the forum, so there's another 2,500 people out there who will get to see this awesome tutorial.

Group hug for Chris for sharing it with us all!!

Deb

Thanks all... I was dumbstruck when Deb asked me about this...truly outta the blue for me, but am so happy that it seems interesting to others. It was fairly easy and definitely cheap to do, so that made it worth it to me.

Thanks so much Deb for the recognition - I am thrilled and hope it helps other miniaturists in some "small way" :)

Chris

woohooo :) :) here it is

I searched and searched nothing brought this thread up :(

Thank you Suzanne for finding it :)

And a huge thanks to Chris for doing it...its fabulous!!!

Thanks for the kind words again all - and Linda, have fun with it!! It was super cheap to make and really very easy. Thanks for the interest in it and do share pic's if and when you can, would love to see new variations :)

Chris

Thanks all... I was dumbstruck when Deb asked me about this...truly outta the blue for me, but am so happy that it seems interesting to others.

I'm sure it's going to be one of the very favorite tutorials that we've run. It'll be in the August issue. I'm still happy dancing that Chris said we could run it.

Deb

• 3 weeks later...