11/03/05 Where Are You??

Minis On The Edge

Im just posting so that some of the new members can get the link and get on our map!

and plzz post photo so we know who we talkin to.

Nutti from Missouri :roflmao:

http://www.frappr.com/greenleafdollhouses

Thank you so much for trying to get me there.

I'm one of the newbies and I can't seem to get to the map. The link above isn't working; I even put a .com behind it. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My current residence is in Atlanta, Georgia, but I'm sometimes wishin' I was back in Michigan (points to lower mid palm of right hand...)

Does that mean you were a troll? Our Michigan snowbirds divide themselves into Uffers and Trolls...

I'm moving and I wonder if it's possible to remove yourself from your old map location and then add to the new location.

Holly, I just looked at the beginning of the thread, where Tracy has edited her original post to report that the map is no longer available.

Does that mean you were a troll? Our Michigan snowbirds divide themselves into Uffers and Trolls...

I was a troll, yes, that's how "Yoopers" refer to Michiganders that live "below the bridge" or south of the Mackinac bridge. Yoopers are called that because they live in the Upper Peninsula, abreviated "U.P." and pronounced "you pea" and thus U.P.'er becomes "yooper." I lived Lansing.

Permanent residents of the U.P. sometimes resent the influx of tourists, as seen on the popular bumper sticker "If it's tourist season, why can't I shoot them?"

The Lower Peninsula is shaped somewhat like a mitten, so trolls/former trolls sometimes point to different parts of their hand to indicate where they're from, especially when they talk to each other.

128941782407532252.jpg

I love US geography! Thanks, Ken. When DH was about to be discharged from the USMC one of the jobs he interviewed for was in the UP and it was a telephone interview. Five minutes after he got the job and we were discussing snowmobiles and mukluks the plant manager calledhim back to explain that people from the SE US don't usually stay through one of their winters and he was going to un-offer the job. We ended up in Gainesville, GA, instead. That was six moves ago (the one we're doing to AL is move #18). The closest we ever got back to Michigan was southern OH and we learned that we don't "do" winter!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...