What's everyone working on?

THmini2

i found this house at a yardsale in bad shape,

(it obviously had a mousie nest in the livingroom! :chat: )

after a lot of work painting & repairing & putting in flooring

& such, it is looking much nicer..

yellowhouse.jpg

(note 'calico critters' dollhouse in box too, lol)

my kitty, snug, approves anyway..

snughouse.png

so far i've only begun stocking the bare kitchen..

kitchenx.jpg

(trick or treat bag full of goodies, old fashioned wooden barrel ice-cream maker, birthday cake, campbells soup & pots & pans..)

mh

Wow, it's coming along nicely. I love the colors you chose!! Thanks for sharing!! What house is it??

you know, i don't even know..

i'll get a shot of the front side of it,

surely someone here will know?

i'm new to dollhouses/minis..

came by it by way of being a vintage toy collector..

i can't resist trying to rescue old neglected toys.. hehe~

mh

Love the new colours, nice and bright and cheerful!

I'm finishing Bullwinkle Terrace! I think it is all done apart from the one window I can't find :chat: Will say to her you can have it now and I'll give it to you when I find it and have painted it and you can stick it in, or you can wait until I find the window or can buy a new one and I'll stick it in.

Was finishing it off and could feel my sugar levels going low, but really wanted to get it finished! So as soon as they recover I'll take and upload pictures.

For some wierd reason today I deceided that htis was the perfect time to convert one of my houses into a permenant Christmas house! I don't even decorate them for holidays usually, no idea what is going on in my head but gonna just go with it. So lights are strung along roofline, wreath is on the door and Christmas tree is in the country kitchen, must remember to take some pics :chat: By the way it was 89F today here in Texas!

Brenda, I can't help you as I have no idea what house that is but my oh my is it pretty!!

Well the Beacon is coming along slow but sure, I put up another piece of wallpaper in the living room last night but then realized before I could finish I still had to put the two partition walls up between the dr and lr. Now I am patiently waiting for glue to dry so I can continue with the wallpaper in the lr and then move on to the wallpaper in the dr. I have decided to use trim in the corners as I was finding it really hard to get the wallpaper into the corners on templates. It was to stiff to push it into the corners without rippling it, so I have slight gaps in the corners. I like the look of the corner trim so it should be fine when it is complete. The living room floor is finally complete and varnish is dry so it can go in as soon as I'm finished the wallpaper. Now I just need to decide on the flooring for the kitchen, I want to do tiles but havn't found any I like just yet. I think I will be putting that off for a while and moving on to the bedrooms and hallways for now.

thanks shelly, it's ok..

i just think of it as 'my yellow house' until i find out different.. haha

good luck with your beacon..

i remember all the floors/wallpaper corners as being the trickiest parts!

mh

frontxih.jpg

maybe someone here will be able to identify which house this is from the front view?

mh

(newb)

Not sure which house it is either, but it looks like one of the Dura Craft Farmhouses, milled in siding, the gable pitch, corner posts, trim...it's the little part on the side that has me confused. Check the Dura Craft forum, I know it's not the FH 505, but it looks a lot like the FH 500. Whatever it is, it definitely looks like Dura Craft, and it sure cleans up nice!

Ole' Yeller has been very cooperative in the last few days, (probably suffering from a guilty conscience). At any rate she let me get wallpaper on all the rooms except the bathroom (haven't found the right paper yet), the downstairs lights are in, the fake floor is down, the partition walls have been papered and put in place. I did some touch-up painting on the windows and I'll be putting them in later tonight. I assembled the porch railings, painted them and attached them to the porch assembly. Not bad for a hot Wednesday afternoon. Now if I could just gear up to tackle shingling that porch roof and putting it in place I'd be in business.

Thats a nice house!

After taking a few weeks off from building ( mainly because I couldn't make up my mind what to build), I took my Victorian Cottage out of the box and started sanding! Ahhh the aroma of sanding dust in my nose! Achoo! :flowers:

I love the nice weather to take my messy painting outside! I primed the walls and worked on the floors this afternoon. It dried so fast I can try out the red paint tomorrow! I'm in the groove now! :flowers:

I called Houseworks this afternoon and spoke with Nancy Van Horn. The company that makes the bricks I use went out of business! The good news is I was able to get 6,000 bricks ordered so I'll have enough to complete the Tudor, but thats it.

I couldn't go any longer without working on the house, so I started framing the two gables today.

Phew! Glad to hear you managed to get enough to finish the house Jeremy. Would have been incredibly frustrating if you hadn't and unbareable to think about. Hope they arrive soon :)

I started scaling down a couple of more 1:12 furniture patterns to 1:24. I made framed pictures yesterday and finished off the servants' bedframes (need to make mini bedding next). Sauce and wine bottle labels have some great dh-sized pictures on them, as do jelly jars and bottled water.

I just finished a 1960s style wicker "Pod Chair". It has appropiate cushions. Beatles fabric. You can see it on my blog if you are interested. I am very happy with how it turned out. :)

I have been so blah lately, and not getting anything done. It's so frustrating. I thought I had my Beacon Hill all planned out while it was waiting for 14 months under the bed, but now that it's out it hates me.

This morning my husband told me I couldn't get another house until I finish it. Actually I think he told me he would buy me one when I finish, as motivation for finishing. Good thing I already a have a good stock of houses, because I'm not sure I will ever finish it...

I'm working on staining doors. I had an extra one to experiment on so I'm using different sections.

But, I've come to the conclusion whatever wood this is doesn't stain prettily. It stains UGLY!

I think I'll stain it, and then lightly paint over it.

made out like a bandit at our mini club's flea market today! 3 really pretty beds that just need tlc and glue...a cherry Shaker round canopy bed, a high back oak bed, and an unfinished pencil post single bed. Found some small handmade tables and a wash stand that looks like bespaq, and a nice cast "marble" fireplace (originally $17, only $1). Those and the beds came from an estate lot a member bought that included Aquisto silver (she held onto that). Also found a bag packed full of Oriental pillows/kimonos/scrolls/printies/garden fountain/table/etc etc! ($5). A knitting/fabric shop cabinet filled with bolts of fabric and yarn ($1). There was an 'orphan' table for broken items where I picked up shutters, a dining table with leaf, Biedermeir tall desk. There was a duracraft San Franciscan in box for $25, but I just couldn't bring home another house. Whew! This was a great garage sale! So many people getting rid of 1:12 stuff as they downsize to smaller scales.

Can't wait to find my glues and clamps and get started with repairs! Also need to put the feet up since I can tell the sinus infection and bronchitis are returning

Tracy, my BH just hasn't been inspiring me lately either. Now that we have the basement family room/workshop finished the BH just sits down there on a table and stares at me blankly. Hopefully the garage sale goodies will pep up our relationship and get me going again.

Phew! Glad to hear you managed to get enough to finish the house Jeremy. Would have been incredibly frustrating if you hadn't and unbareable to think about. Hope they arrive soon :)

Thanks Muriel!

If I hadn't found any more bricks, I could have cheated with my faux brick technique, but it takes a lot of work and would have been hard to make the transition seamless.

I just finished a 550 mile motorcycle ride to Fort Myers, FL. This is the first weekend my wife wouldn't be home alone with the two kids, so I rode down to visit a friend I haven't seen in 16 years. Back then she was a Gainesville Police officer and I babysat her 10-year-old son. He just got back from Iraq (he's a Marine) and he has 3 kids of his own. It was a short visit, but well worth the ride.