What's everyone working on?

THmini2

I am waiting for the arrival of the special strips of wood I ordered for the new quarter scale house I started a few days ago. In the mean time been working on getting my computers, (Laptop and mini MAC) linked so that I can swap files. I have some new drawing programs and want to try a three d version of Elrond's library with the big screen monitor. Been doing some test painting for the interior of the Montclair.

Beverly I just looked through your albums....wow! I love your houses!

I am painting a little table I got to put my house on. Just using left over paint from my RL house walls.

I am so worried the table my house is currently sitting on will break its so wobbly!

Both my Fairfield kit and my furniture kit arrived yesterday! Last night I pre-assembled the furniture, then disassembled and put all the pieces into labeled baggies.

Today I'm assembling the foundation for the Fairfield. I've taken a break to eat lunch and let some of the glue dry, but I'll be back at it in a little while!

Hi, Just finished the sewing room of the Brookwood!!! Had no idea what to do with the attic, so I a sewing room could be fine there. I love sewing so I wish I could have one 1:1 size.

Hugs,

Meli

http://casitasdemeli.blogspot.com

I love your sewing room! I think that's the first time I've seen such a modern looking sewing machine. So far I've only come across the old fashioned "Singer" pedal versions. And the little iron is perfect. But I think my favorite has to be the little baby booties, they are too precious! Love it!

I love your sewing room! I think that's the first time I've seen such a modern looking sewing machine. So far I've only come across the old fashioned "Singer" pedal versions. And the little iron is perfect. But I think my favorite has to be the little baby booties, they are too precious! Love it!

Judith, HBS has a modern sewing machine. It's not under the regular "sewing" accessories, but if you use the site search for "sewing machine" it comes right up :lol:

Got a good bit done on Mama's dollhouse today, but not as much as I hoped. We got the entire house wallpapered, but no trim. That's fine though, any progress is good! It's looking cute, and she's so excited. After the wallpaper she put all her stuff in it, and had so much fun! It was a fun day. We also went to lunch with my sister, so that was nice too, but who stops dollhousing in the middle of the day to EAT?

I have some new drawing programs and want to try a three d version of Elrond's library with the big screen monitor.

Elrond? Did you say Elrond? That wouldn't happen to be Elrond of Imladris would it? If you tell me that you're doing a version of "The Last Homely House" I'll freak! :lol:

Judith, go click on Beverly's "Gallery" button to see all the pictures of her 1:24 Elrond's Library, and freak out to your heart's content.

Nothing got done today, we got me to my 1000 dental appointment and during the cleaning the cap came completely off my "Frankentooth" and they had to work me in amongst the fillings & extractions to grind down the super sharp edges so I'd stop lacerating my cheek & tongue until I can come back in two weeks for a crawn; so by 1230 the day was shot. This poor tooth has not had contact with air, heat or cold for nearly 20 years...

I shall be packing out the camper for our week near Sopshoppy, FL, at the Ochlockonee River State Park tomorrow, but I do hope to frame the porch window and finish painting the porch posts & railings.

Judith, HBS has a modern sewing machine. It's not under the regular "sewing" accessories, but if you use the site search for "sewing machine" it comes right up :lol:

I wasn't too impressed with the modern machine at HBS. I made my own, carving them from contractor's foam board and coating with paint. Mine are still crude, but I think more refined that the store-bought one -- and a LOT less expensive!

I cut flooring for the quilt shop today and fitted it into the left side of the upstairs. I'm going to have to stain a fourth panel of flooring. The three won't stretch quite far enough. Went to Lowe's and bought a 3/4" birch plywood board for the base. The 1/4" board is too warpy.

a three d version of Elrond's library

I'm already in love! I am a HUGE Tolkien fan and your plans for the library are outstanding! I will definitely be keeping track of your progress. Love it! Love it! Love it!

We spent last evening at the city home and garden show. I didn't get anything done on the houses, but picked up some great ideas! I was standing in front of a roofing booth, drooling over metal roofing that looked exactly like Spanish tile, and the salesman approached me wanting to know if he could help. I asked him if he had that roof in 1/12 scale, and he looked totally confused until I told him what I wanted it for. He started laughing and called the boss over, who thought it was a cool idea too. They were all ready to figure out how to make metal that lightweight and covered with the same finish!

Then I stopped to look at hot tubs, where the jets and all are, and got the same response. They even started making suggestions about how to build the gazebo around my mini hot tub! It was really kinda fun to see how excited these builders got about reproducing their 'inventions' in mini!

Ordered some wallpaper at DHE for the Rye, the RGT Tudor, and the Loganberry (they're offering free shipping for orders over $70 USD rather than $100). Also placed orders on some components for them as well. Until everything arrives, decided to do something I've never done before -- actually work on more than one house at the same time. The Rye's exterior is complete except the roof (still deciding on shingles), and I can't really do the interior without the wallpaper.

Tackling the RGT Tudor dollhouse kit that I won on eBay -- the kit's all plywood will be working with attaching parts with nails. The directions look long, but pretty straightforward (thank goodness).

Happy to report that am loving the Loganberry Mill kit -- been reading the entries of this blog and just love what was done! Pretty much doing the same thing -- except I'm adding an extra layer of foamcore on the front of the kit to accommodate a "glass" door and a pair of vintage cottage windows I found on eBay. Hopefully it works!

I was looking at photos of Kitten's gorgeous queen anne the other day and i've thought about it all week. this morning i got the urge to start building mine! i just lugged the box up from the basement. i have the foundation pieces all set out and ready to go! I may also work on the Foxhall today as i'm letting the glue dry on my QA!

Thanks for the inspiration Tiffanie! i haven't felt like mini'ing for quite some time!

Yay, Marg is mini-ing!!! Whohoooo :lol: Looking forward to more eye candy, have had soooo much fun goign through the gallery after being away from the forum for a while and the eye candy sure gets the urge of mini-ing going on full steam ahead so to speak!

I am still shingling Mz Chantilly, but only a few rows left to do now. Trying to get her done in between doing the boring cleaning chores in preparing for selling the RL house...

Hugs

:lol: That's fun Sherry! I would like to see the look on their faces when you asked if it came in 1:12 scale.

People are starting to get to know me in various places I haunt around here. I was even introduced a couple of times as The Dollhouse Lady! For some reason that made my day.

I have been cleaning my RL house and raking the yard today. What a mess!

I feel SPRING in the air!

Ahhhh, another LOTR fan! Thanks Judith. Yes I am recreating Elrond's Library and hopefully it will be a fairly accurate one. I have been lucky enough to locate or build most of the more obvious pieces to put in it and will hopefully begin on the actual structure soon. It has been one of the longest term projects I have ever under taken but is a real labor of love. Someone here who shall remain nameless (lol) has a thing for Viggo, but I have a thing for the pointy eared lore master himself.

Ahhhh, another LOTR fan! Thanks Judith. Yes I am recreating Elrond's Library and hopefully it will be a fairly accurate one. I have been lucky enough to locate or build most of the more obvious pieces to put in it and will hopefully begin on the actual structure soon. It has been one of the longest term projects I have ever under taken but is a real labor of love. Someone here who shall remain nameless (lol) has a thing for Viggo, but I have a thing for the pointy eared lore master himself. :lol:

...Someone here who shall remain nameless (lol) has a thing for Viggo, but I have a thing for the pointy eared lore master himself. :lol:
Here's another fan of pointy ears!!!

, but who stops dollhousing in the middle of the day to EAT?

Ya know? Who has time to eat? :lol: Right along here, I should be looking like Twiggy! Unfortunately it's more like Biggie!

I've taken a break to eat lunch and let some of the glue dry, but I'll be back at it in a little while!

You had time to eat? The Fairfield was "my first" :lol: . I couldn't stay away from it once I opened the box. I finally worked up the nerve to attack the second one that was glaring at me from the corner of the room. Had some problems with warped siding but looks like I've got that under control, so I think I'll start assemblling the chimney on that one today.

Someone here who shall remain nameless (lol) has a thing for Viggo, but I have a thing for the pointy eared lore master himself.

:birthday: Say no more, I know exactly how you feel. Many's the time I had to shove Glorfindel over so I could get to Erestor :lol:

Been doing some test painting for the interior of the Montclair.

Speaking of paint, does anyone here need craft paint? Ceramcoat Acrylic Paint? Go over to the ebay craig's list post, I'm going to put up the addy for an eBay store I just bought paint from. Really cheap. Everything is "buy it now", 2oz bottles going for $1.00 -$1.20. I bought 8 bottles last night and I'm going back for more today.