• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Nutti, where do I begin?!! You are a shadow of your former self . . . I'm so, so proud of you!! You truly are an inspiration to everyone. Keep it up . . . you deserve it!! :hippi:

AAWWEEE SHUCKS! :wave:

have you checked out the photos???

The one of me and DH riding that makes me chuckle everytime!

I realized no update in here since Dec....

Im now hanging out around 210...I did see 205 for a couple of days but it didnt last...LOL

wearing some size 16 pants and x-large shirts...mainly because of the excess skin....arm holes on most large do not accommodate my arms and I like it looses around my tummy

I am VERY happy where im at weight wise...even if it is not under 200

after this summer of swimming and riding Im hoping to be as happy with myself health wise and than maybe Ill finish getting under 200.

I am seriously looking into skin removal of some kind.

but if that never happens than I am happy with my so far success with WLS

nutti :hippi:

Well I finally made the call....I have my first consult with a Plastic Surgeon

I found out about 3 days before my incident at work that I still have medicare coverage

and than a few days ago I was overheard talking about wanting some PS and how no Dr around here did the type I need or take medicare and a listener piped up and told me about a Dr in Springfield who is taking medicare and does the pannilectomy :)

so I gave the office a call and yes all that info was true and I have an appointment for April first...

at first it wasnt going to happen...the receptionest asked me how much I weigh...I told her around 210 give or take...she said oh well he may want you to loose more before he sees you

Im like hun...I weighed over 500lbs for almost 3 yrs IVE GOT SKIN! I carried over 300 for all of my adult life...IVE GOT SKIN!!!

LOL

also..I have been basicly this same weight for about 6 months and with my hernia I am unable to do the kind of excersizes needed for more weight loss and because of the skin weighing me down in front my back protests daily

so its my hope that all of the back issues I have will be enough for at least my lower half to be done...whatever that means...thigh lift,pannilectomy,butt lift.

keeping my fingers crossed.

as this is part of my particular Weightloss journey I will keep this thread updated with the progress!

the next step is to take photos....I have some taken before I had my surgery in my bathing suit and it is not pretty...as it isnt pretty now...LOL but the fact is...skin stretches and although I KNEW it was going to be a fact of my WLS you never KNOW until you actually know. yanno??? :D

so even though I HATE...HATE... the mere hint of more surgery I am willing and wanting to do it at least this one last time to be healthier.

I hide it well in my clothes but its there and Im now ready to take the next step...at least find out what needs to be done and IF medicare will pay for it.

today I am wearing my size 16 jeans bought from the Mall....makes me wonder what size I will wear after PS....intriguing :yes:

nutti :p

I find this thread, and your individual journey, fascinating. My mom had WLS a few years back. She, too, plateaued at around 200, but I'm not sure where she started. Her recovery from the extra skin removal was painful, but worth it, so she says.

Oooh, Nutti - size 16 jeans!! :) You are really rocking now! I'm also wondering what size you'll be after PS ... don't disappear on us! :p It sounds like things are falling in place for you, and I'm so glad. I hope this doctor can do exactly what you want and need to be done. You've come so far, and fought so hard - you definitely deserve the best. :yes:

Skin removal sounds scary though, is there no other way to remove it? exercises/pressure bandages etc?

OOOO yes it does sound scary as you know what and really if there was ANY way around it I would NOT be contemplating it at all. in the photos you can plainly see the arms...I call them my batwings...LOL and for giggles I flap them!!! I tell you they LOL till they cry! BUT that I can live with...

operative word here is LIVE with. The Hernia I have is not quite tennis ball size at the belly button area...lovely gift left from my inability to heal properly after my Hysterectomy in 2006.

but as the skin from my tummy is...is ..well it hungs and its heavy and will only make the hernia worse...I did go to a GS to see about just fixing the hernia and he woulnt touch it. the mesh they use to fix it has to be anchored into the muscle to the tummy wall....but I need mine removed....someday when Im brave I will post the measurements...I made my poor saint of a hubby help me...just to know....better left unknown! :D

Live is so amazing to me these days...I seem to see things in a whole new way. I havent been going to a support group in the last few months(8)....I dont feel the need because I have all of you!

again I will tell you...The support I get here is like my long walking staff on my journey through life!

strong, able, right by my side!

Thanks guys!!!!

ok now make me a list of good intelligent questions to ask this PS...this may be my only shot.

and before Monday if you please. :)

two of my WLS buddies I see regularly and one I met at work are thinking about getting together somewhere and just share our experiences.none have them have started the PS search yet but one is right behind me and they are making me a question list too.

I only hope that my back issues will be enough for medicare to approve...I am luck as a woman to have very good skin so I have never had those horrible rashes you see on the PS shows.

medicare always pays in those cases...but I think I have a really good case...hernia and degnerative disc disorder in my lower back...I had BS in 97 but it not my say so Im keeping my fingers crossed!!

going to bed now...pay day tomorrow and im going to make enchaladas for my sweet silent suffering hubby...LOL

nutti :)

is there no other way to remove it? exercises/pressure bandages etc?
This is the skin that didn't respond to the aforementioned methods, Kim.

Do ask about hernia repair during the laminectomy, this surgeon may have more experience in that area. Also, have him suggest ways to minimize the scarring.

Doncha just HATE it when you mix up dates like that! We do it, too.

Both that Santana (the silver bike) and the Cannondale tendem bikes came from the internet; buying used was the only way we could afford bikes that retail new for four figures...

I still can't believe it has been four years! Sometimes it feels like just yesterday, and other times it feels like y'all have always been my family! Nutti, you are my inspiration for going ahead and dealing with what must be dealt with, no matter how unpleasant! Girl, you rock!

Doncha just HATE it when you mix up dates like that! We do it, too.

I do it too.

I am so glad you are going to be getting the surgery. Think of all the weight you will lose from just the skin! Maybe another 20-30 lbs?? You will definitely go down another size or two. I will be praying for an excellent visit and all the way till you are all better an in that......

Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini

yellowpolkadotbikini.jpg

Hi Nutti,

I'm new to this thread - I was thumbing through new posts this morning and saw WLS on one and thought Gastric Bypass? Nah... not on here, but when I opened it that's what I found. I must admit though - I haven't read all 24 pages - not enough time. But CONGRATS on all you've accomplished! It's a good feeling huh? I had my RN-Y on Oct. 14, 2002 but didn't have quite the journey you have had. I started out at 203 lbs., but my older sister weighed 350 when she had hers.

As for answers to your skin removal questions and all that - have you been to the WLS website? There's an awesome forum there with people in every stage of their journey who can answer anything and everything. My sister had surgery like you are wanting - thighs, tummy, arms, (maybe more) and she could probably answer some things too. Medicare covered hers, I'm quite sure.

Good luck with everything - you're doing awesome!

I also mix up dates - thanks to you for pointing out that Wednesday is the first. I was preparing for a mini workshop I'm conducting, thinking it was this Wednesday. Turns out, it's the week after! (Psst, don't tell anyone, but it wouldn't have been the first time I've arrived at club to find an empty parking lot, locked doors, and no lights on. I mix up my dates a lot!)

Yep, me and dates are no good unless I have my planner just next to me when saying "yes" to something...

Keeping fingers crossed for you on Wednesday!!!

HUGS

Nutti I'm so proud for you and of you. The picture of you on the bike is so awesome and shows how far you've come better then any of the others. You talk about bat arms but trust me they don't show in the pics--you just look great and so happy.

When my sister had the surgery her skin was donated to burn victims, is this a standard procedure or do you know? To me that means at least two people benefit form the surgery, so that should be a selling point for medicare dont you think. BTW she also lost her belly button which makes sense but was a surprise to hear about anyway. LOL

Keeping my fingers crossed that this happens for you.

Nutti, keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you! PS will make such a difference for you and besides the health benefits may even boost your self-esteem (although you already look like you're way in the clouds!) :wub:

Love the picture of you and Dean on your bike! You two look so happy and carefree! You make me smile just looking at you!

I love Nutti's bike picture because it means she & Dean have found a way to grow closer together AND have fun doing it!, not to mention all the health benefits both of them get every time they ride!

I love Nutti's bike picture because it means she & Dean have found a way to grow closer together AND have fun doing it!, not to mention all the health benefits both of them get every time they ride!

we are both so out of shape that our rides so far have been short ones....just trying to mount the bike is a crack up.. we always go out to the bike with big stoopid grins because we both think its a hoot.

the last ride we took was a day the kids were all home from school and we had lots of lookers that day...LOL.

yall are awesome

pjnick54...thanks for your words of encouragement.... I would be very interested in your sister PS journey

and Peggy missing a belly button isnt going to bother me on tiny bit...coz I WONT be wearing Heidii's

itty bitty yellow polka dot bikini!! :wub:

I cant wait till Wed...Im trying not to get too excited...coz if medicare wont cover the PS than it wont happen for me....but I got those fingers and toes crossed also!!

nutti :)