WLS

nuttiwebgal

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to post this.....

you all know that my son is living with me and one night he had a few friends come by to pick them up....they were sitting out back with my Dh so I went out to get some moolah kissed the Hubbster and left....later my son told me one of his friends who hasnt been here for a few years was out there...this kid used to be freaked out by me....LOL I was always running him and my sons other hoodlum friends off....at 500+ pounds. so he ask Jason...did your mom and dad split up?

well no....well why is your dads girlfriend here? OMGAWD! yall everyone out there but him knew I had WLS but no one had said anything around him about it since he has been home. he could not comprhend that I was me....LOL :banana:

My best friend of 25 yrs that I have had a 3 yr falling out with did not recognise me at Wal-marts till I spoke to her.

I am going to see my Dr next week and I am having him get me a surgeon for the hernia repair...even if they dont take all of the tummy off to fix it some will be gone and so will the hernia which stops me from doing alot more than I do.

I took the grandkids out for a walk the last 3 mornings the weather is perfect here right now! and I do sooo love this time of year!

Thanks yall so much for all of your encouragement. it means so very much to me. :)

nutti/Lynette :wave:

Thanks you guys..Im still chuckling over it myself.

I wonder if he will come back now that he knows I can and do leave the house.

I really was the evil mother with my middle son. he put us through ALOT and his friends were always right in the middle. oh and this is also funny...I made them leave my yard as they had an underage girl(17) with them and drinking. I didnt ask them to leave...I just told them the girl wasnt drinking on my property. she aint my kid. so they left. I still got it. :)

I posted a new photo I took tonight. I told Dean the other day Im starting to feel good about myself....only in the clothes...rofl. but Ill take it. Im riding my excersize bike...tring to build up some stamina to ride my new bike...Im still scared of it.

this weekend is the star of our haunt building. we wil, clean the yard take down the gazeebo and lay out the maze and rooms.

and Dean and I will work on it some each day putting up our post and wires getting it ready for the walls.

nutti :banana:

... Nutti looks to be in her mid-20s ...

You do look younger and younger - no wonder so many people don't recognise you. :)

I love the "girlfriend story too! :banana:

I finally went for a hair cut - just a trim - but it had been many, many months since I'd had it done. (I go to a hairstyling school for my haircuts - costs a lot less.) The head instructor there has always been a large woman. Very beautiful, but also very overweight. I noticed immediately that she had lost a huuuuge amount of weight! She looked so much happier. If I didn't know your story Nutti - I might not have said anything in case I offended her by pointing out what a difference I saw in her. I realise from your posts that it's weird not to remark upon a drastic weight loss, and so I told her that I had noticed the change. She was thrilled - really, she beamed a gorgeous smile, and laughed when I complimented her. The student cutting my hair asked her if she was used to people making comments, and she shook her head and got quite flustered - she said she can't get used to it! I'd never seen her so "open". She's always been very calm, composed and in control - but this "new" person was a lot warmer and vivacious. I guess she had a lot of walls up before - but now she's letting them down.

Nutti, you are AWESOME! Seriously, judging from your progress they might go ahead and remove some of the surplus when they repair the hernia; it wouldn't hurt to ASK! You don't want them to do it ALL at once, but since they gotta go in after the hernia, why not a little extra?

If you have a local rail trail, or a park with paths, take your bike there to ride. The exercise bike is great for getting flexible, but getting out in the fresh air & scenery is a lot prettier & more interesting, and this is the time of year to do it!

ok Holly dear you inspired me to get out on my bike

I again just went around my neighborhood but I did it 3 times and one part I did was up a slight incline...feel the burn...oh yes I did! it was easier today...from riding my excersize bike? probably not...but I have lost about 15lbs since getting the bike and perhaps I am still too heavy for proper balance. still wants to pull to the right but not nearly as bad as before and I didnt feel like I was going to fall over or crash. so Iam going to go each morning and start scoping out ways to escape my neighborhood...or should I say get back into my neighborhood since from my street its all downhill so it would all be uphill to come back.

I would take it somewhere to ride BUT it wont fit into my van and if I took out the seat to get it in

I cant do it myself. soooooo Ill just keep doing my street until I can go around 5or 6 times without stopping and see what happens next.

I am just so scared of falling....or should I say afraid I wont be able to get back up if I do...LOL

I see my PCP this next week and I am going to start looking for a surgeon

disability has sent me paperwork to review my case...as in am I still considered disabled....once they decide I am not I will lose my medicare and any chance for this type of surgery.

so I gotta do it asap!

as much as I would like all the excess gone I will try to be happy with the hernia gone. the rest will just have to be my trophies of life as it was... a reminder of things not to be again.

as long as Im healthy and able to keep up with my family I am happy!

every day when I look in the mirror or put on clothes I am amazed at just how far I have come in such a very short time.

Dean was hugging me yesterday(we do that alot now) and we LOL at the fact that he can wrap his arms around me now. before WLS he couldnt grab his hands behind me. we feel as though we have been given a 2nd chance and we are NOT going to waste it. :)

Nutti, you never fail to amaze me! Yes, you have "down" days, but you just get back up on the horse - or in this case, the bike - and keep going. :banana: Way to go!!

Just imagine - all that extra skin accounts for a lot of the weight that you still want to lose. I hope that you will be able to have it removed - but if not, it's wonderful that you will happily keep it as a trophy of all that you've accomplished. :thumb:

I am soo lucky to have such a great PCP

today was my followup with the Paxil...as I am still having mild panic attacks he has prescribed me something else...which I could not get filled because I never got on medicare prescription plan because I was on the hubby's and the script was 143$ :giggle: ...yup dollars! so I of course declined it.

when I called and let them know they called me in something else...

anywhoooooo....I have my sleep study set up for tomorrow night. Do I still need my bi-pap? I still use it but I know the pressure is too high....it is set for a 465lb woman not a 233lb woman.

and I have a consult next monday with a general surgeon for the hernia repair. he also did a full bloodwork up on me....I told him once the medicare is gone I probably would not be back to see him for awhile. and I want to be as healthy as I can be if I am going to be without my medical ins.

He is so young and I hope that he has learned lots of stuff by going through this with me.

I know without him I would never have gotten my life saving/altering WLS

I will try and have my hernia repair in Nov or Dec if I can...not before Halloween thats for sure.

"Ladies only"

today I splurged on myself and bought the cutest pair of Halloween panties....I have never been able to buy the cutsy stuff....what fun shopping is! :o

I hope you can get everything all squared away, Nutti. You do have a good doctor - but he also has a great patient! :D

Oh, and ... Nutti Goes Naughty! :idiot:

;) Girls just want to have Fu-un! :D

• 1 month later...

Bump

whew that was a search! this thread was hiding

well today I am weighing in at 228....

that makes a total loss of......237

I now weigh less than I have lost...CRAZY! UNREAL! thats how I feel everyday I look in the mirror

of course thats after I speak to myself to make sure that its still me looking back! :p

we still have my son and his family living with us....if it wasnt so stressful it would be nice...love those grandbabys! Jaxon has finally learned how to move his very large round body...its just tooo cute. Pixie takes naps in my bed and has to have nannie cuddle time before....love that.

it doesnt look like I will be having any more surgeries anytime soon.

my disability has been pulled...I no longer weigh over 500lbs so they figure Im not disabled anymore. thats good!

I did have a new sleep study done...I went from 96 episodes in an hour to 13....5 episodes an hour and you need a machine....I am not using mine now....without the medicare I cannot go and get it set to the new pressure I need so Im just doing without.

The surgeon for the hernia repair consult said he would not work on me...because in his surgical opinon I need the pannilectomy and repair at the same time. which is not going to happen

in order for Medicare to pay for a pannilectomy there has to be skin infections in the creases...I am fortunate to have very good skin...so I have had none(knock on wood)

now that Ive said it out loud and no longer have any medical ins. Im sure thats next...LOL

I want to post a new photo but the library doesnt support such things....But as soon as I can I will.

I have gone from a 8-10x to an 18 in pants and lg-xlg in shirts...this is from Wal-Marts.

but I have bought some 16's and I dont think it will be long before I will be wearing them :)

I havent been this size since I graduated high school almost 30 yrs ago.

and I know Ive said it before but I feel the need to say it again!

THANK_YOU miniatures and Greenleaf(company(DEAN)/forum(FRIENDS))

miniatures gave me purpose and dreams when I didnt have any of my own. goals to work for and satisfaction from achievment I couldnt have gotten anywhere else.

Gastric Bypass saved my life but Greenleaf and miniatures gave me a life!

no words can touch the depths of my heart when I think of all the friends I have made here and how each of your support and words of encouragement makes me feel each and everyday...even if I cant come visit right now.

Please know.....I think of EACH of you daily!

tytytytytyty for being my friends!

{{HUUUGGGZZZZ}}

well they are kicking me off here! talk to you soon as I can....DH is bummed about the internet too and as soon as we are out of danger of loosing our home of 18 yrs it WILL be back on.

I miss you guys!

Nutti/Lynette :)

It's SO GOOD to see you back here, Nutti! We miss you so much. :)

You have worked miracles - I can't believe what you have achieved! Kudos to you for having the strength. I'm so glad to be one of your forum friends - it cheers me no end to hear your story and new life unfold. I'm not going to add more, because I don't want your library time taken up by reading. Can't wait to hear from you again! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Bump!

219 as of Dec3 or something like that!

if I had my tummy off I would SOOO be under 200

well on to that magic number! there will sho nuff be a party!!! :lol: :)

listen for the shouts from Missouri!!!

nutti :huh: