WLS

nuttiwebgal

update on hair loss.....its much better!

Nutti they told me to use Nioxin...and use the conditioner also...but I will tell you its expensive...but JCPenney's has it cheaper than anywhere I've found...but the its good stuff......I haven't lost any of my hair...

Jen I'm so happy for you....sip sip sip and get that protein in....you will be a totally different person after surgery you life will change forever....

Nutti I'm so proud of you and you look awesome....

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nutti, you are such an inspiration! I guess we all deal with issues in our lives that we know we need to be strong and 'make better', but it's so hard sometimes. We are cheering you on, gal! But you are also cheering many of us toward individual goals. We have two ladies at work who were dealing with serious weight concerns. One started Weight Watchers and eventually lost 150lbs. The other lady (much heavier) then started a diet through her doctor. Just the inspiration and 'can do' attitude of the first was enough to show her that it takes time/exercise/determination/and diet. She has now gone well past 150lost. She still has a ways to go, but she looks great!

Jen, hope all goes very well with surgery! Courage and strength! We're all cheering for you, as well!!

• 4 weeks later...

Today was a banner day!

465 on April 2007

today I was 265

a 200lb loss in my yr of WLS

I had hoped to be there for my June 27th surgeversry but I really didnt think it would happen.

I am soooo Happy! I still have a way to go but I know Ill make it...

I also know that my excess tummy weighs about 30lbs all by itself...I am READY to have the hernia fixed and the skin GONE!

next goal is 199 before surgery....hmmmmmwell its always good to have a goal! right??

new photo in album!

thanks so much for all of your support!

I miss being here! :)

nutti :)

Now that the excess skin is starting to reflect how much weight you've lost, I expect the prospect of the plastic surgery is a whole lot less intimidating. You are one seriously gorgeous lady and you will look SO good! because you look terrific already!

• 1 month later...

it had been my hope that when I updated this thread it would be after my 1 yr appointment next friday...it has been cancelled until October due to medicare has yet to pay for my surgery :banana:

I do not know why and I dont understand why I didnt find out about this until last thursday.

as all of you know I did not heal properly after my hysterectomy yr before last..due to the weight pulling against the inscion....so I now have a belly button hernia...which has gotten worse in fact last sunday I had a protrusion and it scared Dean and I so bad we rushed to the ER...but by the time we got there it had gone back in and I was no longer in pain.

I followed up with my PCP and he feels it probably wont wait til Nov to be fixed and put me on light duty at work until my appointment with my surgeon...which isnt happening now. :doh:

so now what?

I had been feeling pretty low and than a wonderful thing happened...Peachie called me and we had such a nice chat and after all she has been through if she can still be positive than I should try harder.

I got me some support underwear but I got it to small so I have to go back and get a larger size.

my PCP said it should help some.

but that it was only going to get bigger and to come see him if I had any pain. he was going to recomend a surgeon but as I was going to see min in 2 weeks he didnt...

I could use some helpful suggestions.

I am depressed....I havent felt this way since before finding my surgeon. I cant exercizec more than walking...its a bummer to have come so far and have a roadblock at this point.

I guess I shouldnt feel this way but jeesh Im only human....

Dean is having a rummage sale and I had 3 big garbage bags full of 4x and up clothes to get rid of and he sold my wheelchair. its just so hard to believe that this time last yr I was so dependeant on my chair to go anywhere that didnt have a motorized buggy....so I should thank my lucky stars

and quit whinning.

lets see how things stack up

1 yr ago

450lbs

couldnt walk farther than handicap parking to the buggy's inside huffing and puffing all the way

8-10x size clothing

slept in recliner(5yrs)

only wear slip on shoes

kid had to put my socks on me

mostly housebound

barely get myself out of the pool

couldnt go anywhere alone(just in case I needed to be pushed in the chair)

dependent on others for most things

depression

Today

257lbs

never use the buggies...have walked our local mall

3x clothing

sleep in bed

can put on and wear all kinds of shoes(WOOPIE>>>I LOVE SHOES)

I am never home

I go anywhere I want ALONE

the pool ladder is NO issue at all this summer

independent and have real hopes of a brighter future

and although I am wallowing in self pity over the hernia thing

depression seems to have no place in my life.

went camping and planning more trips.

all in all a very good yr.

I have had issues with food...my feelings of loss or trouble eating its all a learning process

but overall I am VERY happy with my choice and would do it again in a heartbeat!

this thread is a blessing to me and all of you who have helped me with your well wishes and encouragement all would get big HUUGGZZZ if ever we met in person!

if I was a downer today plz do forgive me...my tummy hurts...Im very paranoid about it getting worse and Im bumming!

nutti :huh:

I enjoyed talking with Nutti last night...we had a long conversations....hang in there girl, you look awesome....the road ahead is never easy as we both know....you've came so far and doing so good...I know how you feel just a little set back hurts....people may think its easy after having weight loss surgery but take my word its not and don't ever let anyone tell you its the easy way out....its not....I'm glad I had the lapband procedure and if I had to do it all over again knowing what I do now I would still have it done....

hugs Nutti....you look awesome....and I do hope everything will be ok....and I'm like you I have no room in my life for depression.....its complicated enough....

You are looking wonderful Lynnet and I have told time and time again how inspirational you are!! During that one year you went through so much and you came out on top!! You are so brave. Some people would have just hid the rest of their lives when they went through some of the things you have but nope, not you, you came out anyway and showed people you are worth every breath you take. You showed people that things may get tough, but that you are tougher. You showed people, you KNEW you could and will do it. You know what I always say, Actions Speak louder than words and your actions have done just that.

I'm Proud of you :banana::huh:

Bummer about the surgeon's cancellation. I hope the Medicare issue can get straightened out SOON!

I met you in person before, we met in KC during, and I'm looking forward to seeing you again, as you close in on the happily-ever-after. What you've accomplished leaves me in awe! (And, by the way, you left out your JOB in the Today list.)

Hang in there!

Is there some kind of belly band you can wear for the hernia, like babies used to wear? Or a truss? Maybe your PCP could prescribe one to use until you can see the surgeon?

My daughter also had surgury and has come down from 545 to 316 so far. It has opened so many things in her life to lose the weight. Just as it has opened things in your life.

She also has a hernia and delt with surgery for it. You both are to be admired because you have taken your lifes into your own hands and chosen to live and live well.

Iadmire you for your accomplishments. Keep at it, you are a great role model. :doh::banana::):huh: B)

Nutti, you look Beautiful. I am so proud of you. We are trying to loose weight and we go to the gym every day. I have lost 25 lbs and Rita lost 30.

Keep up the grat work. Love the outfit you have on.

Dear Nutti

We all have those moments when we just plain feel drained, of strength, hope, desire love or our dreams of progress. The wonderful thing is it is ok to stop and take a deep breath as long as we pick ourselves up dust our butts off and still keep moving forward. You have come so far and done so well I have absolutely no doubt that you will continue to do so. Soooo take a deep breath and keep moving slowly forward. Your cheering section is right behind you! (Just like that telephone commercial. Can You hear us now?)

I echo what everyone else said above, and I love the before and after list you put at the end of your post. It's great that you can list all the reasons why life is so much better for you now.

As for the medicare thing, have you tried calling your congressman? When you discuss things with government organizations, it seems like all they can do is repeat what a computer tells them. I don't know how big government is in Missouri, but possibly you've got a good senator or representative who may be able to help? We are very lucky in Maine, our two senators are very accessible, and eager to try their best to help the citizens here.

I hope it is the same in your state.

ISn't it great we can come here when we're having a "down" day to get the ol' "atta-girl/ boy"? Honey, I can bearhug you now! Feel how good that feels! When you & Dean go to P'cola next year come ride bikes with us, or come paddling, or even just a hike!

Nutti--You've come so far and have done so well, instead of depressed maybe its time to get mad and raise some H_LL. I cannot understand why you have not been given a reason for your surgery not being paid, that sucks. I agree with Kathi, time to call your congressman, your local medicare office and anyone else you can get the ear of. Let them know that not only are they jeapordizing your healing process from the surgery but future health by not being able to get the attention you need due to non-payment.

• 2 weeks later...

My aniversery date came with no call from the Dr office to tell me if I was going to be able to keep the appointment...so I aske Dean if I could use the gas money already set aside for the trip and get an new tattoo...and you can see that he said yes.... I dont think it is finished yet...I have a lady bug(8yroldtat) just at the tip of one of the wings that needs an update and some leaves and a vine. I love the new tattooing stuff they are doing now. I love to be able to wear art. I love how my Butterfly turned out. the date is my WLS date and the Butterfly represents my own transformation from the cocoon .

once I was lost but now I am found!

1yr...210lbs gone forever! am I finished?? I wont know until I quit loosing but Im seriously happy

with my results thus far. I can LIVE at my present weight of 255 but I hope Im not finished just yet.

nutti :p

Nutti, you've come so far in a relatively short amount of time. Hang in there, I know it will all work out for you. Can you call medicare and find out what the hold up is? Maybe they just need an additional letter of medical necessity from your doctor.

Anyway, you're doing so well. Hernia is a complication but think of all the other complications you could have had and didn't. Not to minimize this complication, I hope you know what I mean. Hang in there! I'm so proud of you and your success.

Another step

yesterday my new bike arrived! very excited about it for sure....after Dean got it all together

we aired up the tires and off I went...LOL not far...our roads are not very even and riding and turning on 3 wheels is not quite as easy as it may seem....LOL not that I wreaked BUT I wasnt so sure I wouldnt! :unsure:

so I think we are going to haul the bikes out to the lake for some riding...flat roads wide turns...to practice on. until than I will keep going up and down the street very carefully!

although I didnt ride long the back of my legs definatly felt it!

nutti :blink:

Sometimes on the road of life we take 5 steps forward and six steps back.....but eventually you go forward again. This is a setback Lynette...just a little setback. Depression would be normal for you to feel after being told about the problems with Medicare and all. Any of us would be depressed. Just keep looking on the bright side, you're young, beautiful, and getting more so every day! Keep up the good work and be patient..... and don't get down or so hard on yourself! You've accomplished things only some of us have experienced! Love your "sticktoitness!" Keep up the good work!