WLS

nuttiwebgal

congrats Nutti! you are doing amazingly well, and truly are an inspiration!!!!

I have quit smoking just recently and 9 days in it has (and is) been a struggle! But your example dedication and effort has a part of the decision to do that, so I (and my body) thank you for being such a great person!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im always so uplifted by the generosity of spirit that goes on around here!

Thanks all who read and respond...in this thread and PM!

not that you have to respond...LOL....its very carthargic to post on this thread...my updates a reinforcement to all the good things that are happening!

well yesterday I had my 45 day evaluation at the JOB! guess what....Im still working..LOL

I had words with one of the older ladies who is "just like that" a you know what. so now we are NOT speaking....I could care less...but its really bothering her...and the fact Im super nice to her without speaking....I wont allow anyone or anything deture me from my path of health...physical and mental health. and life is good! so I cannot be unhappy and when I found myself in a mood because of it I let it go. my job is not my life....the people who work there probably will not be lasting friends but Im enjoying this time of my life...doing this job! which has turned out to be sooo good for me in LOTS of ways. I look forward to the alarm clock....well ok I hate it when it goes off because I WANNA sleep MORE!'

just cant seem to go to sleep early enough. but once Im out the door and in the plant Im right as rain!

my friend Ruby sent me a 3x shirt and it says...if you dont like my attitude dont talk to me!

on the back of it. I look forward to wearing it to work. soon I hope.

I have an appointment with my PCP to talk about my back and possibly do some surgery.

not on my back....on my tummy. also going to have a talk with my WLS and see what he tells me about doing SOMEthing with the hernia and the weight pulling me over...its really bothering my back!

Have a great day!

nutti :(

Nutti how could you NOT feel great! Just look at that beautiful face in the picture! That is the REAL you now! You've got courage woman! And strength! AND confidence! You go girl!

You don't you just treat her normally, Nutti? You have a lovely personality - let it shine through at work the same as it does here :(

You're doing so well. I can't believe, either, that it's 45 days since you began working - remember how nervous you were about taking that step?

You're doing so well - I can't tell you enough!

Jackie

You are really and inspiration! Too mny people just give up too early before they reap the benifits. I feel so good for you. You truly are a wonderful person and it's nice to know you even if it's only online. :yes:

so many changes going on but this post is about my hair :p

it is so thin! and since returning to work I have been putting it up in a pony

now I have breakage. I colored it....bad idea the lighter color just made it look worse. so tonight I have returned to a darker color. its been awhile since I have been dark. but I figure with my thin face I could carry it off!

you know I got myself into an almost health crisis and I think I still teeter on the line. but my hair seems to suffer the most.

I went and got some 5000mg Biotin and am now taking that and I bought some strengthning shampoo and conditioner. so I hope some of this helps.

I also realized since I dont see Dean during the week that its been 45 days since I had my last B12 shot and I have been getting them every 2 weeks...now have a calender to write it down on.

uuugggggg I gotta do better than this is Im gonna keep loosing and stay as healthy as possible while doing it so quickly!

it is not my goal to be sick and BALD!

any wonder products out there worth my money to help my hair feel healthier....gonna make an egg/mayo wrap for it on tuesday. I used to do that as a teen....

my son will be home on Wed....I think Im as excited to be seen by him as I am to see him!

nutti :wub:

First, congratulations on all your successes. I'm still new to the forum so haven't been in on all your progress. A friend of my daughter's has gone thru this surgery and had great success. I've watched her in amazement. I'm sure your friends and family are doing that for you too.

I read the part about your hair loss and just wondered if they have checked your thyroid lately. With all the weight loss and your stress over the new job, it could have knocked it out of kilter.

I have thyroid problems and take meds every day for it. But, when I get extremely stressed over something or lose weight, it throws everything off and my first symptom is hair loss - big time !! I have about 2 1/2 inches of new growth at the moment from my last epsiode. They always have to adjust my meds when I've gotten off kilter like that.

So, just thinking that it might be a part of it. Maybe not but worth checking out perhaps? Not trying to be a doctor or a busy body - just sharing what I know for me.

Good luck with your future plans and best wishes for continued success.

Sure do wish I had a magic wand to wave and correct the problem. I love the new avatar, you look positively radiant. Maybe you could ask your PCP about your hair. Keep up the good work.

Love your avatar and love your face girl!!!

I have ISSUES with my hair. I always had thin hair but a full thick head of it. As the years have gone on, I have noticed that it has thinned considerably.. You lose hair on your head and you gain hair on your FACE..NOT FAIR!

My hair problem is hereditary. My mom had thinning hair and my Dad went bald when he was a teenager.

That is one of the reasons why I have kept it short. When it was long (about 3 yrs ago) it just didnt look good to me anymore. Scrawny ponytail.

I think this is one of the things about getting older that depresses me the most. And my thyroid is fine and dandy.

today was a good day at work and ended with me getting laid off for 1 week...starting tomorrow so that my day off to the Dr will not count on my attendance.

so that means not only do I get to go to Alabama...but I will also be going to Florida to see my BFF

and her family!

wish I would have known before I spent money I could have used for the trip!

she is actually paying my way home if I can get there. soooooo I will be gone till tuesday or so.

and than I will get to stay home and play with all you guys!!!

I am itching to start building something!

nutti :welcome:

Lynette, your latest photos are astonishing! You are a beautiful woman! Always were I'm sure, just hiding it! Now you shine!

Heidi, hang those tweezers around your neck on a nice chain....get several pairs........ Facial Hair is not to be shaved off, but pulled out!

today is official update from my check up with the WLS surgeon

my weight as of Friday

was.....287

down from their first visit of 440

my waist went from 58in to 40in

and hips from 70 to 57

all of my labs look good and they were VERY pleased!

some talk of the tummy surgery but he said we would talk more in June at the 1 yr mark.

but not to plan for any type of surgery until Nov. which works out nicely for me.

he said he would like for me to be close to his goal set for me....he set one???

news to me.

He is very sure Ill get down under 170 if I work hard....LOL...I am sure when the tummy goes that will be a realistic goal!

dern thing must weigh 30-40lbs all by itsself!

my first goal was to be under 300 and I made that one....my only other goal is under 200

even if its only 199 Ill be happy.

so far on this trip I have made everyone who has seen me cry.

oh and I bought 2...yes 2 shirts in size 3X....and I am wearing one of them as I type.

I am in unchartered waters for me...havent wore a 3x since right after highschool...

and than I had 2 babies one right after another.

talk to you soon!

nutti :)

You can really see the change in your face. You look so beautiful, the happiness is shining off of you! hooray. I am back on the calorie wagon again. three weeks now I am afraid to wiegh myself. Everyone at school says they miss how I used to feed them. Sorry guys... :) Anyway good job and you really so look beautiful!

• 4 weeks later...

I know I am jumping on Nutti's thread here... But I wanted to let you know that I am having

weight loss surgery on Friday morning... I have to be there at 930 and surgery is going to be at 1130..

they said I should be back in my room around 3 pm...

So please say a prayer for me please ;)

Peachie will give a update as soon as I can call her..

Jen kid good luck on your journey to a healthier YOU!

I will be thinking of you all day friday so I hope you can talk to peachie asap!!

so Ill know something when I get in here to read!

an update for me....todays weight was 280 another 7lbs gone! hooray for me.

update on hair loss.....its much better!

the key is PROTIEN!

get the protien in Jen....your hair WILL suffer! and so in fact will you!

after my spell on feb18 I can tell when its time for calories and protien...I am very intune with my body and its needs..which is very different than my wants! but now my pouch directs the show and I reap the rewards! you MUST take all your vitimins and calcium....and I also take Biotin...the Biotin is suppose to help with the hair and nails...I take 2 of the max dosage...because of the malabsorbation issues with WLS. I also went and had my thyroid meds refilled....hmmmm yes I hadnt taken it for a couple of months....its sad but true. so now of course Im feeling much better.

but it is a struggle to get in enough calories each day. you must get a certain amount of calories or the body freaks out thinking its starving and keep all the fat for itself! you wont loose!

sf fudgcicles are my friend!

Drama all around me in my life and its very hard to deal with....but no comfort eating for me...

Im soo tired after work I just chill on the computer or watch TV till bed...around 9pm...or sooner if I can get there.

I enjoy the power of NOT eating because its all I want to do....emotional eating SUCKS!

it did help alot to find a hobby. wish I would have done that and had a sleep study done!

SLEEP is important. if you are over weight you could suffer from sleep apnea and not know it. not sleeping makes you gain weight! scientific fact.

you CAN sleep with one of "those" mask. stepping off the soapbox

nutti ;)

Congrats on your tremendous progress Lynette. Everyone is so proud of you. It is amazing what we can do when we set our minds to it. Jen, I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as you take this major step to a healthier you. Good luck to you!

Oh Lynette....I just got all caught up on this thread. Somehow I had not read it since I was in hossy!!

You are simply AMAZING!! The weight is melting off of you, I am so excited for you. The job sounds like it is making you very happy. It must be great interacting with new folks and having new friendships blossoming, even if they are not the deep personal BFF type.

Congrats Grandama...another boy YAY...boys are great...My little pumpkin rewarded me with his first real smiles yesterday :huh:

I know you still have a road ahead of you, but with your attitude, I have NO DOUBT that you are going to make not only your goal of 200 but the docs goal of 170. I love seeing the transformation through photos! It is truely amazing and inspiring to see the transformation. More than once I have had a tear in the corner of my eye!!

((((hugs))))