Hello from Ohio

craftaholic

Hi Everyone. I have been reading posts for the last couple of weeks and finally took the time to join. I have never built a dollhouse before, but have always wanted to. I just bought my first kit, the Beacon Hill. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it. I can't wait to get started, but decided to wait until after Christmas because of everything going on now. :lol: I am married to a wonderful man who shakes his head everytime I find a new craft to get involved in. When I decided to buy the dollhouse kit, his only response was "I don't have to help do I?" Honestly, I love him dearly, but would never ask him to help build anything. :D Let's just say it isn't his best quality. I also have two wonderful children. Nicholas 9 and Natalie 4 (the future owner of the Beacon Hill). I know that I'll have lots of questions along the way and I've already had a lot of them answered reading others posts. I don't think I could have built the house without finding this site.

Welcome craftaholic! You'll find lots of information and inspiration here! :D

I renovated a Beacon Hill I found on the side of the curb. You can see my pictures at the link below.

Good Luck!! I can't wait to see pictures of your progress. Be sure to take lots of pictures . . . you'll really enjoy looking at them and they'll be a great keepsake if you plan on passing your dollhouse on to your daughter. Just think another craft project . . . a scrapbook! :lol:

!!Welcome to the forum!!

you have great restraint to wait till after christmas to start the house...

dont think I could do it.

but when you get to it I hope you will post photos!

nutti :blink:

Welcome to Greenleaf. You'll love the Beacon Hill. My dad built mine for me in 1994, and I've been redecorating .... something I'll never finish because I just love changing things around and creating new scenes.

Please post photos and keep us updated on your progress!

Susanne

Thanks everyone for the wonderful welcomes. I do already scrapbook and I'm sure that the building of the Beacon Hill will be a project to be scraped. Also, we haven't picked a definite color yet. Natalie is saying pink, which would be okay, but I'd really love to do a deep plum color with white trim. Not sure if I can convince her or not. I will have to get the color and show her. It's hard to convince a 4 year old. I have a feeling it will be pink and white. I do love the one that minimadwoman has done. Love the pictures of your Beacon. It is an inspiration.

Hi Craftaholic!

Greetings from a fellow Buckeye! This forum is a great place to enjoy and share mini information and projects! The member's pictures and posts have really inspired me--they are all soooo talented!

Good luck with your Beacon Hill!

Tappy

I have a feeling it will be pink and white.

My Cambridge is a dusty rose with white & almond trim, I think the Beacon Hill would work in pink & white & what a boost for DD to have her input followed :D

Thank you, craftaholic, for the nice compliment! :D

I was originally going to paint the house a soft buttery yellow, which I had partially done, but then it SCREAMED at me "I want to be pink!!" . . . so I listened. :D

Welcome to the forum Craftaholic! It's nice to meet you.

The Beacon Hill is a gorgeous house! I can't wait to see how you do yours. Mini houses seem to have as many personalities as cats. :D I've got a BH waiting in the wings for two houses from now so I'll be dying to see the pics of yours as you work on it.

Deb