an album for my Arthur

rosedollhouse

Hello!

I create my first photo album on the forum gallery to share the work in progress of my Arthur "in restauration"!

You will find a bit of the story I create for this cottage, that I would like to be in a "country french style", even if it could seem a little strange for an american dollhouse kit!

My prefered source of inspiration is "Le hameau de Marie-Antoinette" in Versailles, as I used to go there on the wednesday afternoon when I lived near Paris...

So I plane to make the exteriors with ivory stucco and timber frame, but it is the first time I do it, i don't know how does it will look like!

Today was THE day to cut each little piece of wood, aging them with my craft knife, painting them with tones of dark brown, and give them an antique look with some wax.

post-2223-1186063955_thumb.jpg

the exteriors with ivory stucco and timber frame
When I built the fist timberframed house it was the Sugarplum and I wondered how in the world I was going to plaster between the timbers. I finally laid the timbering onto the outside of the wall pieces where they were going to go and traced around them and then set the pieces aside. Then I cut strips of painter's masking tape into strips the width of the timbers and lay them carefully between the lines where the timbers had been. I used spackling compound (the same thing as polyfilla) for the plaster and spread it all over the wall, like frosting a cake. Then I carefully pulled up the strips of masking tape, leaving clean places to glue the timbers back down once I "washed" the "plaster" with diluted paint to get it the color I wanted. I liked that method so well I still use it.

• 2 weeks later...

post-626-1187185385_thumb.jpg This is how I timber-framed mine, first painted the area's that shoud stay white, than put the timber frame wich are pieces of old wooden left overs, then I decided to put in stones(cut from sanding paper and painted)

we cannot wait to see those pics!!