10/31/05 Haunted House Give Away

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we now have permanent custody of a 3 and 5 yo we get to go TRICK OR TREATING for the first time in 20 years...Ugh, I love these two to death but there are some things I would rather not do but I WILL>.......

Hi Shelly and Islandmama,

Yea I reallly wanted to stay home this year - decorate the yard to the hilt and do some home haunting - I even got some cool props for this year but nope - we're going out trick or treating... maybe next year I can talk him into staying home :D It would help if it was a weekend and we could have a party here but being Monday night most of his friends wouldn't be able to make it. So I'll just keep planning for that home haunt and collecting spooky stuff for it :lol:

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYBODY!!!

-David

Sorry about the delay. I had to step away from the computer for a bit.

islandmama is the Winner!!

The Answer is the Shinning. She sent her answer 2 times (because of my delay I am sure LOL).

Thanks so much for your participation! Please send me your address via PM.

:lol:

There will be another question Today!

:D

we are waiting for the rain to stop to dry off everything and spread straw out so there will be no slipping in the yard. Im hoping it will clear off before tonight.

than we will be scaring the kids and haunting our neighborhood.

Free spookhouse for all....

come by and join us! :D

nutti :lol:

we are waiting for the rain to stop to dry off everything and spread straw out so there will be no slipping in the yard.  Im hoping it will clear off before tonight.

than we will be scaring the kids and haunting our neighborhood.

Free spookhouse for all....

come by and join us! :(

nutti :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Nuttie :D

I hope the rain stops for you! It rained here this morning, now it is just wet and quite cool :D

Congratulations Louise!! :D

We had our annual Halloween Party on Saturday and I'm exhausted! Hubby and I are going out to dinner and a movie (he wants to see "Doom")! I thought I'd give him his way seeing as it's Halloween and you should at least see some sort of a scary movie! :lol:

Redrum......Redrum......Redrum......

Where have we heard that in a scary movie?

The first person to reply the name of the movie that had a little boy saying this, will win a haunted house. This movie has been on digital satelight 4 times this weekend.

PLEASE Send me a PM with your answer!!

PS. redrum spelled backwards means Murder :lol:

Ready, Set, Go.................................

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ohhh one thing I am is a huge movie buff... I knew this just from the first word in the message. I am just getting here so I dunno who won but I am sure someone else out here is a movie buff too :D

Sorry about the delay. I had to step away from the computer for a bit.

islandmama is the Winner!!

The Answer is the Shinning. She sent her answer 2 times (because of my delay I am sure LOL).

Thanks so much for your participation! Please send me your address via PM.

:lol:

There will be another question Today!

:D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Congratulations islandmama!!! WOW with all these great kits going out all over the place there should be one heck of a building session starting soon LOL

I hope you post pictures and chat about how you make out with your building process.... do you have some ideas in mind?

Well it is a great fall day out there for all the kids to go Trick or Treating :lol:

I have to say I get a little melancholy at Halloween. Since moving to this area 5 yrs ago we get so few kids.

At one time we use to get no less than 200 kids and I use to just deck the house out and have screams and terror music coming from every window.. and I would be dressed to SPOOK the kids to death... Not anymore sadly. We are so lucky if we get 3-4 kids if that... but those kids get a ton of treats when they do come. LOL

Awww the good old days of spooking, freaking out and terrifying the kids... I really do miss it :D

For those that are going out... Have fun and if you are shelling out... Scare the tar out of the little "devils" tonight... they live for that moment :(

:lol: I would like to say an early Congrats to the final winner of the Haunted House.

I am going offline now to "play" and get ready for the ghosts and goblins coming tonite.

Please have a safe Halloween.

Thanks again Greenleaf and Everyone here at the forum for your generosity and fun filled days :D

See you all soon!

Just wondering.. to those folks that have won the Haunted House how are you thinking of decorating it?

Do you have some ideas?

I am going to probably use that wallpaper I sent in, unless I can find or make another one, and wash it with some watered down brown or grey paint and tear the paper a little to give it that runned down look. Also I will be base coating all the walls (under the wallpaper) in a dirty grey colour so the torn areas show the dirty walls.

I know you can do pictures of people (real or gastly) on transparency and cut them out.... pop in a window so you can have ghostly looking images.. I am leaning toward that one as well. These can be done on mirrors too for eerie images.

I also want to make a Potion Cupboard stocked with tons of goulish items.

I would love to hear what others are going to do with their house. :lol:

I am going to sit later tonight when things are quiet and read the class on the stone fireplace that I missed... could be a nice touch for the house as well... Mmmmm roasted Leg of Wolf on a rotisserie LOL

I know you can do pictures of people (real or gastly) on transparency and cut them out.... pop in a window so you can have ghostly looking images.. I am leaning toward that one as well.

That is a GREAT Idea Kato_411!

I will see can be done about the blog thingy for the winners of the kits beauase I do think it is a Great Idea.