My Brookwood

CJEP

I finally started my Brookwood!! You may remember my Brookwood was my first ebay purchase ever back in the fall.

You start with the chimney. Mine is glued together, but I realized I have to go finish the chimney before I can build the rest. I'm off to Michaels for some supplies. I think I'm going to try the cereal box bricks this time. I'll post pictures once I have the bricks on it.

Be careful because the entire house is built around the Chimney and if you are off by a little bit, you will have a couple issues. Whatever you add to the chimney be sure it does not affect the rest of the house being built around it :)

Thanks for the advice, Tracy!! I'll be very careful with my cardboard bricks and check the places where the other things are added. I'm off to cut more cardboard bricks and then spray paint them.

The Brookwood is a wonderful doll house! I would give my fangs for one! Had one back in 1990 but it was destroyed when it fell out of the back of the van because the door had not closed properly. When I got back to it after running two blocks back, a truck had run over it! What a sorry end for a beautiful dollhouse. There I stood in the road with tears running down my face holding a few shreds of walls, etc.

And do be careful of the chimney, not to decorate it too much untilyou figure where the floors, etc., are supposed to go. That is a fabulous fireplace by the way! My two favorite rooms in that dollhouse were the living room and the "greenhouse!"

Wolfie

What a neat house. I guess I have a picture of the front in the pics that came with my older Jefferson kit, but none of the back. It has a nice floor plan. Maybe Greenleaf will bring that one back too, we can hope. Just bring all the old ones back I say. :yes:

Well, today I dry fitted the house at the suggestion of Wolfie. I need to know where things hit the chimney before I do anything to it. I learned alot. I won't be finishing the top of the chimney until the middle roof is in place or else it won't go on. The bathroom is very, very small. :groupwave: I had big plans for it, but it won't fit. Hopefully my Diana will have a bigger bathroom for my bigger plans. I definitely want to make some changes to it. relatively easy ones though. Maybe I'll make a bigger bathroom...hmmm. The kitchen is super small as well. Not sure if I'm going to put a complete kitchen in there or not.

Anyway, pictures are posted in my gallery here. They aren't much, but it gave me ideas of what I need to do and what I want to change.

Here is a teaser:

Hi,

Your Brookwood is looking good! I got one off of ebay a few weeks ago and I am so anxious to start on it. I'm trying to get a little farther on my BH before I do. I all ready have plans for mine too. It does seem like the perfect beach house because that's where my is going to be! I've been looking at the layout and the kitchen is a little small.

Oh, my mind has been reeling. I keep changing my mind about things in this house. I think I may even change which dolls live in this house, because how I'm now seeing it, the story I had set up for them won't work. I posted some new pictures with my new ideas. Let me know what you think.

Good thing we are going away for a few days. I can let the ideas sit before I really do anything. It also helps that my birthday is this week and I'm getting money for lots of new minis. :wave:

DH sawed my wood for my bash of the kit and I taped it together to see how it would work. There are new pictures in my album (including the picture of the couch I made from the McCalls pattern I just won on ebay).

One of the houseplans DH & I carried around for us for many years was so similar to the Brookwood that I already know how I'd build & decorate it. I hope I'm still around & healthy enough to build it when it's reissued!

Ooooh, Holly, now you have peaked my curiousity. I hope it gets reissued very soon so I can see what you do with it. I also would love another one. It is such a fun, versatile house that you can do so many things to.

• 3 weeks later...