7/19/07 Fighting

Fighting  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever been in a real fist fight with someone?

• Yes
    • No

Have you ever been in a real fist fight with someone?

My first thought when I was asked was absolutely not, then, I remembered when I was in 2nd grade I was forced into a fist fight with my best playmate. I did not want to fight her and we were at school during recess. The older girls were sort of picking with both of us and I started crying and the big girls pushed me into her and her into me and she grabed my ponytails & hood to my coat and I could not see so I started swinging and finally she let go and I looked up and she had a bloody nose. Everyone said I lost the fight because I cried :p:p .

I cried cause I did not want to fight her anyway cause she was my friend and her big brother and my big brother were friends too. I just remember the fight had something to do with he say she say stuff and I cried all the way to where our brothers were playing basketball together.

What about you all, have you ever been in a fist fight before? You don't have to post the circumstances if you don't want to, but the question did make me remember something in my life that I totally forgot about :D .

One time when I was 14 and walking home from school, there were 3 guys around 18 yrs old up ahead throwing a cat up in the air to see if they could get it to land over the hydro wires, at least that's what it looked like they were doing, and they were laughing. As I got up to them, I went right up to the one I had seen doing this and slapped him so hard across the face, he spun around. The others stood there in silence, stunned. I kept on walking and never looked back. When I got home, I told my dad and he took me back to see if we could find the cat. I'm sure it fled as soon as it could. It was nowhere to be found.

I am glad you did it too Wendy. Part of what makes bad people bad is too often good people don't do anything.

"What chance does Gothem have when the good people do nothing."

- quote from Batman Begins. (that is my favorite show ever!)

I never was in a fist fight, but way back in high school a guy I was dating said something to me that really ticked me off, I can't even remember now what it was, but I turned around and slapped him right across the cheek and through him out of my parents house and told him never to come back again.

I can remember thinking later it was just like something in an old movie.

Um, well, lemme see. I broke a guy's cheekbone once for coming up behind me on a dark street and grabbing my butt. Didn't think about it...........just whirled around and let him have it. He denied it to the cops but the ice pack and swelling on his face was kind of a dead give-away.

My funniest self defense story didn't involve my hitting anyone. It was a guy who had pestered me to go out with him till I finally said yes. Actually, I liked the '69 Dodge Charger he drove and I didn't have anything better to do that night so I told him I'd go to the movies with him. Anyway, after he picked me up, instead of going to the movies, he announced we were going to elope and headed for the state line. I was only 15 so that wasn't the best plan I'd ever heard. He'd underestimated my ability to take care of myself and when I snuggled closer to him, he thought I was being affectionate..........till he felt the tip of my icepick up against his jugular. I suggested that he slowly and carefully turn the car around to take me back home and mentioned that he might want to avoid hitting any bumps in the road while he did it. <cackle> I'm willing to bet he never drove that carefully in his whole life!

I've never actually been in a fight tho. I seem to have a somewhat intimidating attitude when I get mad so people usually just went away and left me alone.

Deb

I once got into a big fight with our paper boy when I was around 12......he wouldn't give me the paper unless I gave him a kiss.....well he really wasn't my type so when he leaned in to get his prize I bopped him one in the eye. He was surprised....especially when I grabbed my dad's newspaper and then wholloped him over the head with it.

The following day the paper was laid neatly on the porch.........LOL

Wolfie who has tamed down quite a bit!

I was really surprised at this question, both because of where it showed up (a forum on dollhouses; I'm here thinking, "COME ON, you're all too sweet to to have been in fights!") and how many people answered yes (especially all you ladies; deadlier than the male indeed).

I attended Catholic schools until I went to college. Most might think this would be a deterrent to fighting, but I also lived as one of the few caucasians in a very hispanic neighborhood. Between my skin color and my school uniform, I fought a lot more than I cared to as a kid. Unfortunately this gave me a lot of attitude as I got older and I turned into a bit of a bully. A tour in the military was enough to remove all traces of attitude as well as any ideas of how bad I /thought/ I was.

Polite, soft spoken me would never get into a fistfight.

I did however bash one fresh guy with my purse. It was a small heavy thing and after he apologized he asked if there was a brick in there.

Another time some guy kept following me around the library stacks. After continually seeing him every time I turned around through several rooms, I "accidentally" poked him with my umbrella. Of course, I apologized, but he got the message. He just wasn't my type, you see.

Then there was the guy who followed me in his car for a week. I finally got ticked off and threw my shoe at him and broke his windshield. I couldn't find the shoe, it must have bounced off and landed in some bushes.

Ah youth.

Ummmm.. I plead the fifth!

In elementary school, a bunch of us girls thought it was fun to kick the boys in the kahoonies to watch them squirm on the ground.

In high school, I beat the snot out of my best friend cause she said if she wanted my boyfriend (my dh now), she could take him anytime she wanted. BTW he thought (and thinks) she is gross.. hehehe

I have more or less beaten people up with my words.

Never had to take my earrings off and smear vaseline on my face..thank you very much!

I have more or less beaten people up with my words.

Never had to take my earrings off and smear vaseline on my face..thank you very much!

ummmmmmm saywhaHUH??????? Is this some common phrase that I've never heard of?

I'll admit, I can sometimes have a bit of a violent streak, but other than play-wrestling with Eric, nothing since I became all growed-up and could go to jail for that sort of thing....besides, Eric is a big dude with a "don't mess with me" attitude, so no one dares to say anything mean to me!

Wow, the voting results surprised me! This certainly isn't the Society for Meek Miniaturists here ... nosireee!!

Me, no, I've never been in a physical fight. I've never even had an urge to slap anybody. I'm pretty mild-tempered myself.

You guys sure can make me laugh though.

Good for you Wendy - standing up for a cat!

-Susanne

Eric is a big dude with a "don't mess with me" attitude, so no one dares to say anything mean to me!

Oh, I can just picture that! "Don't come any closer. I have an Eric and I'm not afraid to use it."

Wow, the voting results surprised me! This certainly isn't the Society for Meek Miniaturists here ... nosireee!!

'Specially when you consider how many of us sweet little things carry a gun. <cackle>

Deb

Oh, I can just picture that! "Don't come any closer. I have an Eric and I'm not afraid to use it."

Deb I think I'm scared...you know me too well!

I can get real mad real quick, but I tend to throw things. Fortunately my aim isn't very good. I can be quite lethal with words, though, when I put my mind to it. Ex came "this close" to serious harm just before our divorce, and that level of blind rage in me was truly frightening. But I don't remember ever hitting anyone; as the youngest in the family, it just wasn't safe. :)

You take your earriings off so they can rip em out thru the lobes..Yikes! And you put Vaseline on your face so they cant scratch with their finger nails.

Maybe it is a city thing.

What made me ask that question is that my first response was nope never and then I remembered the one fight. Girls are more brutal than guys I know from when I worked at the schools in Chicago and Heidi, you are right. They take their earings off and put vasilene on there faces. Gyus fist fight and girls always fought dirty (Which is why I steered clear of fights) :)

I grew up out in the country in a houseing development with mainly boys

there was this one boy who loved to pick on my little brother

I used to beat him up regularly. knocked his front tooth out in the 7th grade.

he was a weinie.

as an adult I have been in only one altercation which revolved around my ex

after I thought about it I called the chick up and Im like well if ya want him hes yours and never looked back. life is too short to waste on such things...IMHO

nutti :)

When I was in elementary school a neighbor boy threatened to take a swing at me. I asked him why and tried to find out what was going on. He just wanted to hit someone and I was there, and he swung at me; I ducked and he missed and I laughed; some other kids were ltanding there and he got mad & swung again, so I punched him trying to deflect his hand, and blackened his eye. No more problem with him, or with anyone else looking for a punching bag here.

Let's just say (purely theorical) that I have gotten into a fight. Then let's just say that if once the altercation past words flying, let's just say, I wouldn't fight fair, I would fight to win and if that meant picking up the nearest object (kinda like a steel toed boot or spiked high heel) to use upside someone's head that's what I would do. LOL

:) I would have never guessed that you were like that Peggi :) I will talk to you only in a calm voice (That spiked heal thing got me tamed :o )

Oh don't worry Tracy, the spiked heel was thrown when I was only about 8 and it was at my BIG brother who was 16, so I just evened out the odds. :p I've learned to control my temper since then. ;)

Does throwing an orange at an irritating big brother count? How did I know that he was about to stand up from the couch at the time of impact? I mean I DID aim for his head (sorry you guys)... ;) Let me just say that I got away easy as he could chase after me... :) I used softer items to throw after that...

And the rest of incidents, well those are just rumours, rumours I tell ya'!!! (Having mostly boys as friends in a boy dominated sport environment, Remote controlled cars, made sure for me knowing what to do when and if needed... Yep they were all sort of taking care of and training the "innocent baby girl" so that she wouldn't be defensless :o , which also included the baaaad words that could make a sailor blush)

Hugs

I said no on the poll but then DH reminded me that I once shoved a classmate off the rail of a bridge into a lake.

Apparently HE had heard about this at my 35th reunion. I was 16 at the time, too old for this sort of behavior. It's funny that I forgot about this and also that he never mentioned it until we where talking about this today. This girl was 100% pure obnoxious so I am sure she had it coming or at least I hope she did!... Yikes!