Editing Avatar

Barb N

;) Hello ...just wondering if there is a glitch today with editing avatars? I like to change mine every day but couldn't today.

When I browsed my photos and clicked update, it cleared the field :o

Any help would be appreciated for this avatar deprived mini nut :blink: LOL

Hi Barb. I've had the same problem with the avatars, and finally had to settle on a picture of Spidey. ;) I really wanted to add a pic of one of my houses, but I think the pixels have to be thumbnail size. I'm still trying to figure it out--any help for some lost sockees??? :blink:

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems changing your avatar. I just checked and their are a few restrictions that may be causing you trouble:

Uploaded avatars from your computer must be no larger than 50 KB

The following file types are allowed: gif, jpg, jpeg and png

The maximum avatar dimensions are 100 x 100 pixels, but I believe the forum will re-size the image if the preceding two requirements are met.

I just changed mine by selecting one from the gallery and then replaced it with an upload without any problems. Are you trying to upload a new one or choice from the gallery?

I happen to like the avatars. I thing they add a lot of personality to the post. Please follow up if any of this helped or if you are still having problems.

Thanks!

Dean

Quick tips for changing your Avatar!

Changing your Avatar using our online gallery

Go to My Controls

Then go to Edit Avatar Settings

Select one of the galleries from the drop down menu

Select an Avatar by right clicking the radio button below the picture

Right click the Use Selected Avatar button

Changing your Avatar by upload a new image from your computer

Prepare you image to meet the following requirements:

Uploaded avatars from your computer must be no larger than 50 KB

The following file types are allowed: gif, jpg, jpeg and png

The maximum avatar dimensions are 100 x 100 pixels, but I have confirmed

that the forum will re-size the image if the preceding two requirements are met

After your image is prepped go to My Controls

Then go to Edit Avatar Settings

Right click the Browse… button

Navigate to were the picture is stored on your local computer

Right click the file

Right click open

Right click Update Avatar

I hope this helpful. If you are still having problems, please let me know.

I will try to expand the offerings in the online Avatar galleries, so check them from time to time to see if there is anything new that you might find interesting.

Thanks,

Dean

:blink: Hi Dean and thank you for replying.

The steps you described are exactly how I tried to change my av. However I will look into the size of the file I am trying to upload ;)

Thanks for writing the how-to, it will help many people.

Looking forward to seeing new avatars :o If you require any help, please holler as psp is my second passion :(

Have a great day!

• 2 months later...
post-312-1136134441_thumb.jpgP.S.  Here is a pic of my kitty trying to help me....lol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Aren't our kitties helpful when we're at our keyboards. Mine (Trinity) loves to roll all over the keyboard! I'm trying to train her to lay on a blanket beside the keyboard. It seems to be working. She loves having something that's special to sit on.

Susanne

post-312-1136134441_thumb.jpgalong with the probs you are having with your avatar I also am having probs with adding a personal photo.

It says that the group leaders havent alowed me to.

Wen :)

P.S.  Here is a pic of my kitty trying to help me....lol

Well I often wondered why nobody has a picture in their profile... I had it shut off! Every one can now add a picture to their profile up to a max size of 200 x 200 pixels. To do so, go to My Controls and select Change Personal Photo under the Personal Profile area. If your picture is bigger than 200 x 200, it will be automatically scaled to size.

I apologize for this oversight and my thanks to parisbabe for bringing it to our attention. Now lets see some pictures in those profiles!

Dean

My apologize for this oversight and my thanks to parisbabe for bringing it to our attention.  Now lets see some pictures in those profiles!

I don't know if we're going to be able to live up to the standards set by Brad Pitt. :)

I don't know if we're going to be able to live up to the standards set by Brad Pitt.

rotflmbo! I also think Dean's picture makes him look like Brad Pitt!

DH snagged a picture of me doing the prep cooking for Christmas dinner, so when that roll gets processed I guess that's the picture I'll use (there are just no pictures of me).