Haunted House Give Away 10/27/05

I just joined yesterday too! Is this where to go to join the Haunted house giveaway?  :D

I don't see a list of winners... hmmm.

Diane

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Diane and Welcome! Yes you are in the right place ;) A list of winners is posted under Haunted House giveaways under each day's date (is that confusing ;) ) Look on the main board for Topics title Haunted House giveaway

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the delay!!! Here is the Question!!

Why did the Celts, in 5th Century Ireland, Celebrate "All Hallows Eve"? What was there belief?

The first person to send me the correct answer via Personal Message will be

one of Todays Winners!!

Ready Set Go!!

Please send me a personal message to the answer. I deleted 2 messages posted here. PLEASE send a person message (PM). The first person to send the most complete & accurate answer will win.

I bet google is busy right now.

:D

Irish Mist was this first to send the complete answer. Congratulations!!

this was her answer:

Hi Tracy,

They celebrated samhein as the time when dead souls were closest to the living. They dressed in costumes so the returning dead would not recognize them and try to steal their souls.

It was changed to All Hallows Eve when Christianity came to Ireland, then eventually shortened to Halloween. The Christian version originally lasted 3 days and incorporated many of the paegan (Druidic) customs - ie bonfires

Hope this is complete enough!

Carol

Thank You Carol!! Please PM me your physical address. Thanks to all for your participation!!

There will be another winner today so stay tuned!!

Tracy

WOO HOO for Barb!! :D Those look like mighty good candy apples . . . now if only I could figure out how to get one (I'm not greedy) out of my computer monitor . . . hmmm . . . .