Haunted House Give Away!

It's ages since I took the time to drop in and have a good read ........... time seems to be one of those things we never have enough of lol. The site has really grown since my last visit .............. as has my stash of boxed kits! I really want to get my Fairfield out of it's box, but the half-finished collection is glaring at me ........ again.

One thing I have been wondering about .......... I'm in England, so tend to finish my dollshouses with an english slant ......rooftiles instead of shingles etc, does anyone else do this or am I just a bit odd???? Ellen :-)

You're not odd Ellen! I've seen many roofing styles. The one I like the best is Tracy's (My Mini Shop) paperclay tiles. They're amazing! You can view pictures of her houses in the Blogs . . . I especially like her Glencroft! WoW!

Maybe you can help me out . . . I'm bidding on an item on eBay and was wondering . . . what is a hob? :blink:

Thanks and welcome back!! :p

I think a hob is a stove....saw this on a telly show about a man and his hob lol It was a cooking show where the man takes what looks like a gas hotplate and cooks in different places he visits

Barb N.

GSOLFOT

ekcbbug, You are todays FIRST Winner!! It is the "Witching Hour" EST and you are todays first Member!

Congratulations!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:o Tracy did you realize your post at the "Witching Hour" was post #13? spookyyyyyyyyy

Barb N.

GSOLFOT

jenimini@alltel.net

Hi everyone my name is Jennifer McCracken and I am new to building houses and really interested in learning about the Haunted House project. I heard there was a blog on the topic and I am new here so I will be looking around!

I would love to see pictures of other peoples houses to get my feet wet.

Thanks so much for letting me join your club and hope that I can jump right in soon :o

mini hugs

Jennifer

Emily, you are not a slow poke! You know we are moving at a record speed with these. It can take some people years to finish a house (I would toss it if I had it that long) but people work at different paces!

We love you girl! We know you have a life outside of dollhouses too so don't stress over it. Plus, I cheated a bit ;) :o :D . I took the pictures from the Mckinley I used last year and now I am back working on it. I am changing something I wanted to do last year but kept pushing it further down on the list <_ .>

I will change the roofline which means changing the back wall :D Yeap, I got my work cut out for me.

I have to admit I was VERY surprsied when I finally got a chance to look at my email today and saw that I had won this house! Today has been one of the most difficult days I've had in a long time. Had to be in court this morning over a contractual issue for work then came home, looked at the paper and found out both my first boyfriend and my daughters first boyfriend have passed away. What was even worse was one was the day before my daughters birthday and one was the day after her birthday. Talk about being ready to just jump in bed and hide! Then I actually dared to check my email and was so surprised to find I had won! Wow, it really changed the day! Ok, maybe the world isn't totally better but it was truly a bright spot in the day. I'm so excited and surprised! I hardly ever win anything!

I'm very new here and as soon as I can figure out how to post pictures, I'll post pictures of my two lastest creations. I did the primrose kit as a christmas house and I did a room box as a Tuscan garden scene. The only bad thing is that I live in a small house and don't have room to keep all these houses. However, like I said, I still keep the harrison no matter what and this one will be one just for me too.

Thank you so much and if anyone can offer any tips on posting pictures or anything at all, I'd really appreciate the help!

Thank you so much and I am so excited!!! And I think it's so funny that I won a Halloween house and all the numbers came up to a total of 13, the ultimate Halloween number. Have to tell my son that one since he loves the Friday the 13th movies. So cool. Thank you all so much!

Kay

Kay, sorry to hear about your bad day! If there's one thing I know for sure . . . tomorrow will be a little bit brighter! :o

Take care and enjoy your win!

Congratulations, Kay :o My Haunted House isn't haunted, but it is turning into a cute little house. I use a conventional disposable camera, so my pictures are behind.

QUOTE(My Mini Shop @ Oct 26 2005, 06:46 AM)

And I'm still working on my Haunted House. I fall really behind with pictures on my blog because I use a disposable camera (I am totally technologically impaired) so there's a gap until I get the pix processed & on CD & uploaded into the 'puter. But I know Tracy & Dean understand.

Right now we're en route to VA.

Everybodys haunted houses look great. I wish I was celebrating halloween. first halloween with my daughter but for the third year and every year since I have been married my husband has to work. I guess thats being a marines wife. I think I knew I didnt decorate but now I wish I did!