need prayers for my nephew

Peachie

his lungs have not fully developed
The ductus may still close spontaneously and they may give him steroids to help his little lungs mature, and he has all those caring medical professionals with him every minute. More hugs & prayers are coming.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peachie, is that little Dylan in your avatar? He's beautiful! I'm sure that the doctor is right and in just a few short weeks he'll be home with his parents and ruling the roost!

Oh, he's beautiful! He looks like a strong, healthy boy - I bet he's going to be very athletic once he gets going. He just needs those few weeks that he was supposed to spend inside his mummy to catch up.

How are you doing, Peachie?

Like all in your mini world, I will keep Dylan and all those who love him in my prayers. God certainly blesses doctors and nurses with healing hands. Those without healing hands, must have healing hearts that pray.

My father was born at seven months. He only weighed 2.5 pounds! He is now a 58 year old man in training for his next Boston Marathon! I, like Dylan, was born with underdeveloped lungs. 31 years later, I am proud to say I have breath everyday to yell at my students!

howdy, Peachmeister,

thank you! for the photo of Dylan. oh, my, he is adorable!

please try not to worry too much, and remember to take care of yourself, too, OK?

sending good thoughts to you all, and hugs to the tiny sweetheart,

cj

Baby Dylan as of this morning is doing ok......thank all of you for your prayers and kind words.....letting you all know we do appreciate it......

he is adorable

thank you....

I'm doing ok.....I know I'm just his aunt.....but he is precious.....I know what they are going through....and I know how scared and worried I was when my son was borned and in NiCU

update on baby Dylan......the hole in his lung as closed.....Thank God and he ate today for the first time......Jen I will have this baby spoiled rotten....like I did the 2 girls....

That is wonderful news!!!!! Oh, you and your family must be SO relieved!!!!! I'm way happy for all of you. Now get to that spoiling! LOL That's been my favorite part of being Auntie Jen, is the spoiling, although my sister has been threatening retaliation when I have kids :wave:

I'm so happy for you, little Dylan, and the whole family! And what's this about being "just an aunt"? I'm an aunt myself - the way I look at it, we're just a step away from being their mother - we're the back-up mums. Hugs to you all.

Oh, thank goodness! And hey, don't knock the Auntie stuff. My sis had a son before I did, and that child in some ways is more like me than my own son! She will call me for advice because our personalities are so similar.

Congratulations again!

Patent ducti close spontaneously more often than not; another scary one (now that Dylan's is closed & he's doing well) is the one in the atrial walls of the heart itself.

I will have this baby spoiled rotten
And this is a problem because... That's OK, Ellen, you're just practicing for when you're a grandmother!

That's great news Peachie. Please give him a lil kiss on the forehead for me next time you see him.

And there's nothing wrong with spoiling him just because your his Auntie. DH and I spoil our niece (she's 2) and his brother and wife spoil our kids. I just hope they're ready 'cause in the next year or so Auntie 'Net (that's what she calls me) is going to make Katie her first dh, I just got to figure which one :wave: .

:wave: Yippee that's great news! So glad to hear that baby Dylan is getting better :baby: I guess all these greenleaf prayers were heard! Now you can concentrate on spoiling and plenty of hugs and kisses :throb: :D

I do not know how early Dylan was but I do know that increadible strides have been made in the past decade , in just in the number of babies that "survive" but in HEALTHY survival. I have had two preematuree babies. The fist was at 32 weeks, which is not even a big deal now, but was in the 1970's. My last boy, Will was born at 28 weeks he was 1 1/2 Kgr 14 inches(?) long. Even with a very rough start, including a massive brain bleed, he has not had any major lasting difficulties. He is healthy, bright and at age 12 almost 6 feet tall.

I will add Dylan to my prayers.

Take care, Agnes