New Here

Lyn

Hello everyone Iam very new to dollhouses and I recently purchased the Lily house. Iam hopeing to learn as much as I can from everyone on putting this house together and of course to meet new friends. Iam a full time stay at home mom of 3. I live in Upstate NY and I have always wanted a Victorian house but seeing there soo high on the market I have to settle for a min Victorian house LOL. I cant wait to get to know everyone.

Lyn

Hi Lyn and Welcome to the forum. I picked the Lily for my first build, also for the price (just in case I couldn't build it didn't want big bucks going down the drain.)

I hope to put the finishing touches on my dh this weekend and move my little family in. It has taken me about 8 months, (probably would have only taken 6 but I took about 6 weeks off to keep from taking a hammer to the whole thing while trying to get the mansard roof to work) :)

At this point I think I am the only active member of the forum working on the Lily, so I will be glad to try and answer any questions you have. My first hint is to not put the windows in before putting the walls together as the instructions say, let them wait till later.

Label all your parts, there is a couple that are (at least on my instructions) that are mislabeled or on a different sheet. I'll look and see but I think I wrote down somewhere where I found those, but this is later on in the construction.

I have lots of construction pictures in my webshot folder, maybe they will help you some.

I was going to wait and post the latest pictures until I moved my people in, but after seeing your post and knowing you will be starting soon, here is the almost completed Lily (it needs bay trim, chimney and a few touch ups to the interior where I put the bay windows in)

Thanks Everyone for the warm welcome. Peggi wow your house looks great so far I cant wait to see all your people moved in and furnished. If you dont mind could I see a close up of your front doors the reason why I ask is because I cant for the life of me find the stained glass that goes in them. I will keep the window tip in my mind also Thanks for that one and why do I want to wait to put the windows in Iam just curious to that??

Lyn

Welcome Lyn!!! Glad to have you. You came to the right place for instruction/help/inspiration!!!!! I never knew there were so many talented people until I came to this site. Don't all the pictures make you want to start more and more houses??!!! LOL

Debbie

Debbie, Yes loking at everyones houses makes me want to get quite a few of them but one at a time plus I have a small trailer and a good size collection of dolls so it will be intersting trying to make room for the Lily already :)

Lyn

!!! Welcome to the Forum!!!

I love the Lily...and someday I will build me one. I am looking forward to seeing yours in the making....

did you say this was your first house?

one good thing about this forum is alot of knowledge out there so read thru some of the post and you will find some very useful beginner help.

I would love to have had this forum when building my first and 2nd house.

but I have it now and I love to learn new things everyday.

again Welcome to the forum!

nutti :)

Nutti,Yes it is my first house and Iam excited nervous and scared to death of all the peices :) I only have the windows and front doors put together so far. Iam hopeing to work on it this comming up week depending on how busy my kids schdule is.

Lyn

Lyn: This is a close up of the doors. About the windows, the plastic is really easy to scratch and or blur. I followed the directions and put them in the walls before assembly, I stained the frames, which you can't restain so as I painted/wallpapered the walls I was constantly having to quickly remove paint or glue (you may not be as messy as I am, but working around these tiny parts ugh) from the frames. Therefore, my panes are blurred and scratched (except for the bay windows which I added last week) so the story behind my house will have to be that "I don't do windows" :) cause it looks like they are in a bad need of washing. Hope this helps.

BTW if you click on the link under my signature you can view my progress pixs as I went along.

Peggi

Thank you Holly, it has been a slow go, but I've learned alot, I got to admit I'm fairly pleased with the outcome so far :) The color scheme I used makes it look like a totally different house than the one on the box, I'm surprised at what just changing paint schemes does to a house.

Peggi

Welcome Lyn! Be sure to take pictures as you go along . . . you'll be amazed at your progress and it will give you inspiration to keep going when the going gets tough! :lol:

Peggi, your Lilly is awesome! I love the colors you chose and things are coming along so nicely! Bet you're glad you are at the point you are now, the fun part, furnishing and peopling!! :)

:) Hi Lyn

Welcome to our group at Greenleaf, look forward to seeing your finished product. ( don't forget to take your pics. as you go, I did, Just have finished product ones) Any questions you have or help you need just drop a line and will be glad to help if I can. If you would like to view my Jefferson, just click onto my Website or Album. Again welcome

Hi Lyn and welcome, I have just become a member as well and am building a willow, it looked easy for my first house , you will find pics in the my first doll house section, the willow.... My second house will be a beacon hill, if it ever gets here from the states lol, I am in Australia.

Debra.

Judithfaith: Thank you so much for the compliment. After reviewing the pictures, I'm doing some redecorating of the third floor, didn't realize so many of my goofs showed up. :blink: So I've emptied it out again and finishing up the odds and ends.

Peggi