A Circle of Mini Joy

CatColorado

may I ask a stoopid question?

this is a one item swap? how does it make since to use a Theme like Alice to make one item for one person....what if that person has nothing to go with the item? or am I not understanding what it is we are doing?

I can see...making a garden....filling and decorating a hutch....making/decorating benches or chairs.

maybe Im confused?

nutti :wave::wave:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nutti,

We are venturing into new territory...LOL

I guess since there would be three things for us to vote on, then it would be easier for us to say Yay or Nay on a selection.

If you did say Alice in Wonderland, You could put that item in a children`s room in one of your houses.

I am going to have to do some thinking about what I would do, since only 25% (i think that is what I read) can be pre-made and the rest has to be homeade.

The Circle of Joy is more detailed than a swap. You can have something like a table or a hutch or shelf and create a scene from the theme. If I am wrog let me know Cat :ohyeah: Like let's say it's a alice theme, you could have a bookshelf full of books or things from that story on the shelf. because we are making it for one person, it can be more detailed than when we have to make 15 of the same thing for everyone :)

Oh yes, much more elaborate but not necessarily more difficult. If it were me, I might make a little girl dressed like Alice or another doll reading a Lewis Carroll book. Or a tea cart/table with teacups and tarts... could use that in any house. How about a dollhouse for a dollhouse sized White Rabbit house?

What I am trying to say is that you can take elements from the story and make your swap, and therefore fit it's designated recipient. Just let your imagination go, that's what designers do.

Yes, you are right Tracy :ohyeah:

Nutti, you make one item or several, it is up to you.

Okay Melissa, I'll make sure to add you in, the sign up will be from July 1st through 7th.

I have to get the poll posted before y'all can sign up :ohyeah: , it's good to see enthusiasm and I am pretty enthused myself. I will be joining as well this time.

Oh and clear up any lingering misconceptions I may have inadvertantly caused:

Don't get the wrong idea about the children's stories, it doesn't mean you have to make fantasy items. There are plenty of elements in the stories to make perfectly normal items for a dollhouse.

Of course, if you want to make a fantasy item, that is okay too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...