New member in upstate NY

dagmar

Hello, everyone. I'm in the process of refurbishing a Hofco house I built 20 years ago, which then had to be religated to the basement. I've also done the Garfield, a couple of Arthurs, two Celerity houses and General stores for my daughters, a firehouse for my son, a greenhouse, and a small Victorian chapel. Never had room here to display these, so the girls have taken theirs. But, we're building a house, and I hope to have one 'guest' room reserved for the houses.

I read with interest about the building of the Corona travel trailer. I've ordered one, and have decided to make a haunted theme, "Have spells, will travel," using the store window, a witch I just acquired, and some other assorted 'spirits' that are in the planning stage. All my early projects were too serious. Time for something lighthearted.

I'm really looking forward to pictures of others' progress with the trailers :rolleyes:

dagmar

Welcome, dying to see photos. Please post when you can. It sounds like you've had a lot of experience (and fun) building dollhouses. They can be addicting. I think having a spare room to set up scenes would be marvelous.

Susanne

I just added some pictures of the individual rooms. The house has turned out to be "likeclitic," things I've made from scratch or kits, and things I like that I've bought. The story behind what's there and why has developed as items have been added :rolleyes:

Welcome Dagmar! Your Hofco house looks very similar to the Beacon Hill by Greenleaf! :rolleyes: You did a very nice job!

I really like the greenhouse too! It's awesome!

Can't wait to see more pictures! Thanks for sharing!

It's nice to meet you Dagmar. Your house is just beautiful! I can't wait to see what you do with a haunted trailer. What kind of plans do you have for it so far?

Deb

Hi Dagmar- welcome to the forum! I absolutely love your stuff- the house and conservatory are superduper!!! The fairy in your house is so cute! I'm excited to see your haunted travel trailer- I understand your interest in unconventional projects- I'm just wrapping up a 4 yr. house project and now have the itch to do something just plain wacky.

-Lauren

Hi dagmar, I am new here too, I am in Australia....yes your house looks very like a BH, I am still waiting for mine to arrive from the states.... I am however building an easy first house, the willow........I have pics on my entry in the my first house section, under the willow by debra.......

Keep the great pics coming it is great to see waht others are doing, it keeps me inspired.

Deb.

Welcome to the forum!!

My corona trailer will also have a spookey theme

Im planing a Haunted lunch wagon.

I also have a 1/2 scale version of this type of trailer which will house the owner/operators of the lunch wagon. Im hoping for a spring or summer build date on both of these projects.

but I really like your idea of have spell will travel....very interrested in seeing your photos from that project.

nutti :rolleyes: