Gallery/Blog Comments

Click on My Blog

Click on Blog Settings

Click on the Settings tab

Click to put a check mark in the last item New Comment Notification

That's it. :groucho:

hunh. i wanna know, too!

here is a guess :flowers: that is based on my very scientific research that involves sitting and staring fixedly at the computer screens:

i think email notification of gallery comments may happen on a photo by photo basis.

For each photo in a gallery album, below the dialogue box where we can post a reply (comment) for the photo, there's a checkbox in which one can make a mark and "enable email notification of replies."

so i'm guessing that each time we post a photo in a gallery album, we might check that box, and then receive email notification of comments (replies) for that photo.

you know, i used to be fluent in English but as the years go by ....

tracy, is that it?

BTW, hi, tracy! :groucho:

• 4 years later...

For each photo in a gallery album, below the dialogue box where we can post a reply (comment) for the photo, there's a checkbox in which one can make a mark and "enable email notification of replies."

I have tried using Safari and Firefox and I still don't see that checkbox that will enable notification of replies....dang!! What am I doing wrong??

I think you have to select the "Like" button before the dialogue box pops up - so in effect you have to like your picture before you are notified by e-mail. I think I knew this already but I just can't get used to selecting like every time I post a pic so apologies to anyone who has made a comment and I have missed it.

If that fails you can choose to "LIKE" your own photo in the gallery and then pick a notification preference that way. It's not perfect but it seems to work. And you can select to "Like" it annonymously (sp?) too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

However, I just looked again -- if you go to your Gallery, on the right-hand side, there's a column with Latest Comments, so it'll show the last few. You just need to check back often enough not to miss them!

Before the major upgrade last year, we could check a box when uploading pictures to be notified when comments were made. After the upgrade I guess we lost that feature. I clicked on "like" when I posted the pix but that didn't do anything.

• 1 month later...