American Idol

Ms. Mini

Ok I confess.. i love this show. it is highly addictive and i watch every year...

I have my favorites.. And they are both still in the top 4 thanksfully. I really really love Jordan, I think she is just adorable and has a heck of a voice at 17. My other favorite is the "resident pro" Melinda.

so who else wants to confess that they like this show? and who is your fav?

Who do you think is gonna go home tonight?

i think its either gonna be blake or lakisha... we'll see tonight!

I agree, Blake or Lakisha going home tonight.

Who do I think will win? I'll tell who I think, and why:

Blake--no. The beat box gimmick gets old, and doesn't disguise weak vocals.

Lakisha--no. Can't take constructive criticism. As a result, she does not perform as well as she should. Also, her grumpy demeanor is off putting. Stop scowling!

Melinda--sadly, no. She is the best vocalist by far, but she has not yet learned how to connect with the audience. She avoid eye contact with the camera, and with the studio audience, preferring instead to keep her eyes closed during much of her performance. Immediately after the performance, she withdraws into herself. Although she has become beeter about this, it is still a problem.

Jordin--yes. Although not the best vocalist, she is still more than good enough to be a recording artist. Check out her second performance last night. She looked straight into the camera, full of poise and confidence and appearing to sing to each one fo the 50,000,000 plus viewers at home. In short, she looks, sounds, and acts like a star, and that is what will deleiver the votes. I predict Jordin will win.

I think Blake is leaving tonight. I am hoping that Melinda wins, but then again I never can pick the winner. Melinda seems to be a different person when she sings. Confident when singing but not as much when she is not.

I absolutely love this show, I can't wait every year to watch it. I predict Blake leaves tonight. Melinda has been the winner all season. It's obvious she is the best but she is always the same. We know what to expect and we get it from her. Lakisha just doesn't have that star quality, I don't think. But Jordin, she has so improved over the season and I think truly deserves to win. That's, of course, my opinion only.

I agree..blake or lakisha going home..

Lakishas' attitude is awful..

Jordin looks like an idol..has an amazing voice..only 17

Melinda has the best voice but in my opinion does not look like an idol..

there will be a close run between the 2 for sure..

I think Jordan will win, although Melinda is by far the best. Notice that Barry Gibb loved Jordan. Both will get contracts with someone, much like last year - several ended up with records/CDs (Kelly, Kat, Elliot, as well as Taylor).

Prediction: Jordan will win. Young, confidant and marketable.

Blake has the look but unfortunately at this stage I don't think he can compete anymore, he will go home next week

Jordan and Melinda will battle it out for the final. Even though Melinda has the better voice I think Jordan will be the winner.

I agree with both of you! i was sad to see Lakisha go last night but i think it was her time. Jordan is def. going to win. I love her!

Addicted? Hey, I have worked out strategies for the Top 3 and will be annoyed if they don't do what I think they should.

I'm not a Jordin fan and expect her to stick to three power ballads next week, as she's tanked on fast songs before. I'm hoping for a Melinda-Blake finale.

Each remaining competitor has a strength and a weakness. They need to start showing some strategy...

Melinda - can sing anything but often doesn't come across as young, contemporary, and interesting. Must change it up with fast song next week to remind people that she's the one who can rock.

Blake - super-creative but not a power voice. Must slip in a tender ballad that benefits from lack of power notes to remind people that he's more than a gimmick.

Jordin - whomps the power ballads but handles fast music poorly. Her best strategy is to do three power ballads, but it's also her worst strategy, as it draws attention to her lack of flexibility and makes her seem older.

If Melinda gets two R&B power songs and uses her own choice for a third one and Blake gets two dance songs and uses his own choice for a third one, Jordin will knock out the weaker of the two, and that person will richly deserve it for playing by her rules in her sandbox.

Love this show! Sad it is coming to an end for the season.

Well since I am responding after Lakisha was booted I won't comment on her only that I had been expecting her to leave for the past two weeks.

Melinda - outstanding singer, but she does not have the "package" that is needed to market her to the public.

Blake - I don't understand how he is still there. In the beginning I read somewhere that people over the age of 40 would not get Blake - well they were right. Since I am over 40 and just don't get the popularity of this guy. But then I don't think there were any outstanding contestants this year on the male side so I would not favor any of the male contestants that would still be around.

Jordin - without a doubt will win in my opinion. Great singer and she has that "package".

Valerie