My Lily

Hi, I like to show a few pics from my Lily.

Enjoy.

Here is the first floor.

lily1.jpg

What du you think about the stairs!?

lily5.jpg

Hier is the kitchen wall finished. If I let the shelf stay in the kitchen or put it upstairs in the bathroom, I don't know yet.

lily7.jpg

More pics are coming :p

Edited by Angelblue

The stairs are lovely! And the floors are all done already! Wow! They look great. I really like the paper in the kitchen, soft and pastel, and it's lovely. The shelf unit is gorgeous! It would look great either in the kitchen like a baker's rack or in the bathroom holding towels and toiltries.

Very lovely job!

Wolfie

I love what you did with your stairs. Very lovely. Please keep us posted on your progress, the Lily has a special place in my heart, since it was my first build.

well you are off to a great start!

the kitchen paper is wonderful!

I will offer some advise also...do decorate as much as you can the foyer...the room with the stairs before puting the walls up...very hard to get to this area after.

I look forward to your next batch of photos!

nutti :p

Hi everybody,

here are a few new pics from my lily. I hope you like them too :groucho:

Here are the curtains for the secondfloor. It'll be my libary or restingroom. There are not finished yet.

lily.jpg

Here I made some for the bedroom, but maybe I'll cut them intwo and sue the half for the bathroom and sew antother for the bedroom.

But I can't decide what to do :flowers:

lily1-1.jpg

I'm stumbling about what kind of curtain I should sew for the living room. But look at yourself.

lily2-1.jpg

The livingroom furnitur will be mahagoni with white cloth.

Here I painted the haousewall again and now I like the color much better.

lily3-1.jpg

Carolyn, I like the fabrics you've chosen for your second floor and bathroom curtains. You may wish to make a braided cord or use some twisted perle cotton floss in a dark blue for tie-backs for the second floor curtains, and possibly pin or baste them into folds and dip in a diluted glue solution to get them to behave nicely. I love the bathroom curtain "as is", once again because the fabric seems to need it, pinning scale folds and a diluted glue bath might help them look more in scale. Your papers and accessories are so lovely. The livingroom curtain material is pretty, but parts of the design look HUGE. If you can find pieces large enough for curtains with the smaller parts of the design they might look better. I like the idea of the white background for curtains in a room where the furniture will be dark wood with white upholstery, it will brighten the room a lot.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Carolyn ... how are you coming with your Lily?

I saw one in a dollhouse shop a few days ago, built but not painted. Even in her raw wood beauty, she about knocked me over ... she's so much more elegant than her photos! Am looking forward to seeing your progress! :wave:

Hallo meine Lieben,

Hi everybody,

I wrote it also in German because I'm in another Forum here in Germany and they never seen a dollhouse like this before.

ich möchte euch weitere Arbeiten am Haus zeigen. Langsam aber sicher wirds was :)

I'd like to show you my futher working on my Lilly.

Vordere Wand. Die Fenster und Türdeko fehlen noch, muss erst noch streichen.

The window and door dekoration are not finshed jet, got to paint them.

lillyfront062007.jpg

Seitenwand zur Küche. Die Türen haben uns den letzten Nerv geraubt bis sie dran waren q!

Sidewall to the kitchen. The doors almost took my last nervs untli they were there where they are now, hi,hi, can you follow!?

lillysidewall062007.jpg

Eingang mit Treppe zum Erstenstock.

Hallway with stais to firstfloor.

lillyfrontdoors062007.jpg

Der Flur.

The hallway.

lillyhallway062007.jpg

Die Küche.

The kitchen.

lillykitchen062007.jpg

Blick im Ess-Wohnzimmer. Die Tapeten sind Muster aus dem Baumarkt die ich mir " geliehen " habe pfiff

Dining & livingroom. The wallpaper are from a DIY store which has samples. Well, I borrowed me some :blink:

lillylivdining062007.jpg

Blick vom Wohnzimmer ins Flur und in die Küche.

A sight from the livingroom into the hallway and kitchen.

lillyfirstfloor062007.jpg

Jetzt geht es rauf ins Erstestock. Hier mache ich ein Lesezimmer, ein Bücherregal ist schon vorhanden.

Going up to the firstfloor. Here I'll make a readingroom, well I won't have to buy me a bookshelf.

lillysecondfloor062007.jpg

Here are the rest of the pic. I was'nt able to put them alltogether.

Hier ein Blick auf die Decke. Die Tapete habe ich sehr günstig im Baumarkt bekommen :blink:

Hier you can see with wallpaper I used for the celing. I got it very cheap in the DIY store

lilly062007.jpg

Hier entsteht das Bad. Auch hier wieder sind die Tapeten Muster aus dem Baumarkt die ich mir " geliehen " habe pfiff

Here is should be my bathroom. Also here I got the wallpaper sampels.

lillybath062007.jpg

Hier soll das Schlafzimmer hinkommen.

Here is gonna be a bedroom.

lillybedroom062007.jpg

Well I hope you like my house. I lov it

• 3 weeks later...