Looking for my muse...

Ms. Mini

Hello everyone :whistle:

I know i havent been around alot again. These past few months Ive really been "off" Ive lost my muse... my love for miniatures had been put aside for real life issues. I thought i was ready to get back to my hobby last month, and i was not.. Now everyday i walk past my work room and look at my sad half finished Emerson Row and my moms Tennyson I am building... And i just want to work on them so bad..

any idea how i can get my muse back?

i really miss being on this form. i totally feel out of the loop!

hope everyone is well :)

*hugs*

Jenny

its no fun when things come up and keep us from doing the things we love to do.....hang in there Jenny....things will work out and you will be back to working on minis soon......

Thank you both of you :whistle: I appreicate it alot. Its been very frustrating for me. my family and friends keep asking me how my houses are coming and i have nothing to tell them other than "i havent touched them in months"

im really gonna get my butt moving this weekend.

When I lose my muse and am ready to get it back I will often search my mini books and the gallery and the net and just look for pics. All different houses to gather ideas. Onces I find something that reminds me of what I was doing or where I wanted to go I start with little things and soon you are in full swing again.

My problem is I often have to stop and start and it's hard to back into the full swing of things.

maybe your muse went on the same trip that mine did!

a muse convention perhaps!? :whistle:

actually my mind is too full for much mini work but I know it will get better eventually.

you shouldnt let it get you down really....nothing has to be "DONE" right now.

work on smaller projects if you feel like it. like furniture kits or printies or stitching.

or put a sheet over it so it doesnt gather dust and let it sit.

your love of minis and house building will come back. sometimes you just have to have a break!

dont beat yourself up over it!

HUGZZZ

nutti :)

Oh Jenny....your love of mini's has not left you it has just taken a vacation. This hobby is suppose to be fun. There is no "schedule" for building mini's. You will get back into the swing. I get like this sometimes too. When real life issues get in the way I sometimes "lose" interest temporarilly. Before you know it you will be back working on the Emerson Row for sure. Don't force yourself it will be waiting when you are ready.

I find reading or thumbing through miniature magazines stirs up those strong miniature feelings.

Instead of looking at building the whole dollhouse, I narrow my focus down to one area. Right now, I'm working Monday to Friday until June 7th. I'm not used to coming in EVERY day and due to health problems I get very tired.

When I get an hour or two to myself in the evening I work on smaller projects. Right now I'm building mini-bird houses. I love to do that, and I plan where I'm going to hang them when I'm finished. Next I'll probably build some outdoor planters ... that kind of thing. By working on the house accessories, I get inspired to get back to work on my house so that I've got somewhere to put all of my furniture and accessories.

Real life can get in the way. Right now my 2 granddaughters are playing baseball Monday-Thursday from 6:30 - 8:00 P.M. After work I go home and make Ray a really quick dinner and drive out to their games. By the time I get back home it's around 9 P.M. The other evening I was there and it was bitterly cold with a very strong wind. I was so wishing I was at home with a hot cup of tea working on my dollhouse, but I'll take whatever time I can get with my granddaughters.

It'll come back to you Jenny. Meanwhile, sign onto the forum and chat with us. I log in here at least once a day even when I'm not actually working on a miniature project. We're friends.

-Susanne

I log in here at least once a day even when I'm not actually working on a miniature project. We're friends.

:whistle: Me too, love to check in with my dh friends.

I find that working on a small project or reading miniature magazine or book helps me get back in the mood.

I also find that this forum is a huge help for me too! All these wonderful talented miniaturist!

Now everyday i walk past my work room and look at my sad half finished Emerson Row and my moms Tennyson I am building... And i just want to work on them so bad..

Start. Do some little thing immediately, and you'll find your muse resurges. It's trying to find time to do the whole thing that kills creativity if you're already feeling stressed. Cleaning off your work area often also helps.

Another thought... when I lose my muse, as I do regularly, it's often because what I'm doing to a house is going okay, but I'm not wildly in love with it. My Orchid has sat partly because I liiiiiiiiike what I'm doing (and I love the house) but my original concept for it just doesn't grab me any more. Letting yourself start over and change things sometimes loosens up the muse.

Perhaps you'll be inspired when the swap package is mailed out! Maybe something someone made will give you this great idea and you'll be off and running... I usually get the most energized about it when I get one of those swap care packages in the mail!

I also enjoy just checking in and reading the post even though I don't always respond to them.

My muse took a vacation too. I started working on the Canterbury before Christmas and when I realized that what I wanted it to be and what she wanted were two different things, I stopped working on her. After reading a thread some where here, it came to me that the size was wrong for what I had in mind. Now she will be a gift to a little friend of my DGD when she returns to Texas. The little house is very happy now and work is almost finished.

Just hang in there, your muse will return.

Jen is absolutely right on! When your swap package comes you will get all giddy with mini euphoria again you just wont know what to do.

It happens. You get bored with it. Or you had to step away for other things and you forgot how it felt. You dont want to hang trim (I hate that!). It can be any one of those things that can kill a love affair!

Still come online here and chat away. We want to hear from you. Your muse will come back. Just dont force it. Do what others have said...read a book or magazine, go tag saling and maybe you will find some mini stuff, You can also go over there and start painting something. That might kick start you back into it.

I havent lost my muse, I am just enjoying the nice spring weather and taking advantage. Once it gets too hot outside for me, I will be back inside working on the houses.

I know how you feel Jenny believe me. I too have had to put my beloved things aside because of health issues in our home and other things. But I think today I'm going to do something for me because I have needs too. And one of my most important needs is to be creative. I need to work on something fun! And you do too. So try to set aside a bit of time for YOU during the day. YOU need that. I need it too and am going to do something about it today!

Chin up woman! Get theself to the workroom!

Wolfie

Thank you so much all my wonderful dear friends for your kind words!!! I actually sat down at my work bench this morning and put another coat of paint on my Emerson Row! it felt so good to sit there and work away :whistle: I even brought my willowcrest back in my work room so that I can start adding some more details to it as well.

I'll post some pics later :wave: